Monday, May 08, 2006

Weekend Update

NOTE:
If you missed Friday's posts, you should check them out. Well, at least the second two, because they are pretty funny. "Shocked Sales Lady" and "Naughty Waitress".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday Lori came over to my house around 6:00 after she got off work. My son had already left for work, so we had a few drinks and hung out there for a little while until it was time for dinner. We went for Italian food at a restaurant I've been going to ever since I moved into the area about 29 years ago.

After dinner we went to the hotel. We unpacked, watched a movie and fooled around a little before going to sleep.

Lori and I have been spending weekends, and some weekdays, at a hotel practically since we've been seeing each other. In the beginning, one of her daughters and my son, were not cool with our sleeping together in our homes. All three of Lori's children are fine with it now, but my son still doesn't like it. Any ideas on how I can help my son accept the fact that my girlfriend is going to sleep in our house with me?

Saturday morning we fooled around and then went to breakfast. After breakfast we went into town for the Earth Day celebration. The Earth Day celebration was held on one of the Little League baseball fields behind town. The street next to the field was blocked off so booths could be set up. We spent a couple of hours at there and then went back to my house for a little while. Lori felt like seafood, so we left, but decided to detour by the hotel room for a little fooling around before dinner.

After dinner we went back to the hotel room. We had talked about going to a comedy show earlier in the day, but the earlier side tracking, put us off schedule and it was too late for that.

Neither of us had watched the new Knig Kong movies, so I rented that on the hotel TV. If you've not seen it, give yourself plenty of time, because it's over three hours. We didn't get to sleep until almost 3 AM.

The next morning, Sunday, we woke up a little after 11:00. Checkout time was 12:00 and we still had to shower, so we didn't fool around that morning.

We went to breafast and decided to go to the movies. That wasn't until 2:40, so we went to the store so I could buy a wireless router. My new laptop is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and want to be all set up so I can try it out as soon as it comes.

At the movies, we saw "RV" with Robin Williams. The reviews only gave it 1 1/2 Stars, but it was a lot better than that. Everyone was laugh their asses off throughout the whole movie, so I strongly suggest you go see it if you like Robin Williams.

After the movies we went back to my house and watched some TV until it was time for dinner. We went up into town for dinner and then back to my place again to watch TV and fool around until it was time for Lori to go home, which was about 9:30.

10 comments:

lime said...

it's tough for kids to accept a new person in their parent's life sometimes, even when the kids are grown. doesn't make it easy on you though does it? is brian still grieving for his mom? or is he just uncomfortable with the idea that dad has a sex life? have a heart to heart with him and find out. either way, maybe do some activities with you and lori and brian so he can get to know her better, but keep yourselves from being too touchy feely. let him see her as the lovely lady you adore, not just a sex kitten. just a thought, the alternative is saying, 'listenkid, this is how it is. live with it or move out.' yiou don't strike me as that type of dad though.

aughra said...

Thank you for putting my worrying in perspective over at BNB. Appreciate it.

I don't know what to tell you about your son - this has to be hard for him, although it is healthy for you to move on, he may not be ready.

And besides, hotels are fun!

Tish said...

Sounds like there's a lot of fooling around going on! ;)

Wenchy said...

I think it is very sensitive of you thinking of Brian in this situation....

Btw - this new fooling around thing. Are we getting pictures again for HNT this week????

Megan said...

i'm with lime. i'm sure he's still grieving, he probably just needs more time. have a heart to heart though, like she said, and find out what's going on with him. you're really great to be sensitive to his needs, and also wise to still do the things you want, just with some discretion. anyhow, good luck! you'll find your way through it.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend Tony!

Ok my dad died 12 years ago my mother didnt date for the first 5.When she did it was one guy and now she is married to him:-} I remember the first time he came to town to visit and we just thought he was in a motel until we went to the bathroom in my moms room and saw his robe LOL!

It was really weird just to let you know that from your sons side.Time will work on your side and you should just sit down with him and talk. She is not there to take his mothers place not at all.Let him know that. It will work out it really will. We have all come to know and love the man my mother married he is great to each of us and even better to my mother.

Libby said...

tony...i doubt very much that it's the "sleeping" over part that your son is bothered by...

Melissa said...

hun, I don't think I can improve on what Lime and Steve said.
:)

BTExpress said...

Thanks everyone for your input. I know it's hard on my son loosing his mom at such a young age. That's why I'm taking it easy and not pushing Lori on him. I don't get into what Lori and I do unless he asks, which is something he's been doing more and more now. I will have a heart to heart with him when the time is right. I just don't think this is it quite yet, but soon I'm sure. Lori and I are patient so I'll take my time.

Anonymous said...

The difficult thing is to move forward -- more for your son than for you. My Mom remarried less than six months after my Dad died but I adjusted. Because nothing could change the fact that he died and the new relationship obviously made my mother happy. Ultimately that's all that matters -- life is too short.