Saturday, May 13, 2006

Friday Night Out

Last night I got together with a bunch of people from my last job to celebrate my friends Scott and Joannies wedding next Saturday. About twenty people showed up, including James and Filippo, the two men that own the company. It was good to see everyone again.

I talked to Filippo for a while, but when I saw James, he shook my hand and said hi, but immediately turned and walked away. You see, James is very bitter about me retiring with only two weeks notice. I was told he felt I should have given more notice. I would have stayed longer if he would have just asked me, but he didn't, no one did. I made it clear to the HR manager that I had no time frame for leaving, but I guess she didn't relay that info to James. James didn't even speak to me the last two weeks I was there he was so upset. I wish he wasn’t so upset, but that’s his problem. All he had to do was ask.

About 9:00 I saw Joey, the bartender from Kenny’s Pub and John Micelli, the drummer from Meatloaf. They were setting up John’s drums. John plays drums for Meatloaf and a couple of local bands including the one we saw last night, ‘The Seventies Experience’. They were excellent, but I’m not surprised considering who is in the band. This is some info from the bands web site.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

70s Experience is your best opportunity to hear it like it was, sounds of R&B, Rock, Disco, and Funk from "What's Going On" to "Disco Inferno". They simply perform some of the best dance music from the 70's! They have shared the stage with significant 70s acts like the Rascals, Street Survivors, the Tramps and the Beach Boys.

STEVE STRECKER : vocals
He’s played with some of the greatest, including: John Miceli of Meatloaf; Mick Jones of Foreigner; Carmine Appice of Vanilla Fudge; Lionel Cordew of Special EFX; Bobby Rondenelli of Black Sabbath; Jules Radino of Blue Oyster Cult; Billy Heller of The Rippingtons.

JOE DEMAIO: Guitar / Vocals
Joe has worked with artists such as The Drifters, Donald Fagen and members of Pat Benatar, Steely Dan, James Taylor, David Bowie, Tower of Power, Spyro Gyro, Pat Metheny. For the last 2 years, he has been the guitar player for Grammy award winning artist Ashanti. He is a welcome addition to the 70’s Experience!!

GENE CORDEW- Keyboards / Vocals
Gene has played with various professional musicians, such as the Legendary Persuaders, best known for their number one gold hit "Thin Line Between Love and Hate" and touring with Ashanti on the St. Lucia Jazz Festival 2004 and other venues�all over�the United States.

JOHN MICELI - Drums / Vocals
John has toured with artists including Meatloaf, Blue Oyster Cult, Rainbow, and Marchello. John has just finished as the drummer in the Las Vegas Production of "We Will Rock You"- The Musical by Queen and Ben Elton.
Check His site

LENNY ROCILLO - Bass
Lenny Rocillo has written for music for an EA SPORTS Play Station game called Road Rash Jailbreak. Lenny has toured with guitarist/Producer, Larry Mitchell, as well as JOSIE SANG, which featured Stuttering John, from the Howard Stern show.
Check His site

MICHAEL AMENDOLA - Saxophone
He has shared the stage with the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Bela Fleck, and Vassar Clements. Michael has written music for jazz artists such as Benny Golson, Mulgrew Miller, Terence Blanchard, Randy Brecker. He has played the Broadway Shows "Sophisticated Ladies", "Evita", and "42nd Street".

LLOYD DEBONIS- Trumpet
Lloyd as been very active section player over the last few years touring extensively and sharing the stage with such artists as diverse as, Chuck D, Hank Shocklee, the Tramps, and Harold Melvin's Blutenotes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hung out with my friends listening to the music, drinking and talking until about 12:30 then I went home. I know that’s kind of early for me to be going home, but I really did miss being with my girlfriend Lori.

I took a few pictures last night.

JOHN MICELLI'S DRUM CASE


JOHN MICELLI SETTING UP THE SOUND SYSTEM


SCOTT & JOANNIE ORDERING FOOD FROM THE HOT WAITRESS
(LORI, SHE HAD NICE BOOBS AND A GREAT ASS!)


SOME OF THE BAND


SCOTT & JOANNIE AFTER SCOTTS BEEN DRINKING FOR A WHILE

1 comment:

Tish said...

I love Meatloaf.

"I'd do anything for love - but I won't do that..."