Friday, May 12, 2006

Man, this is going to be a long, long weekend…

You know why? Because I’m going to be lonely and sexless until Monday evening.

You see, Lori left for Connecticut yesterday to visit her family and won’t be back until Monday evening. Every year around this time Lori goes “back home” to visit her mom & dad and her brother and his family. Lori and her brother always go to the same fair every year. I’m not sure what’s it’s called or what’s so special about it, all I know is the thing is held this weekend every year. Last year Lori told me it was in the 80’s and sunny. This weekend the weather is going to suck. It’s going to be rainy, windy and highs in the lower 50s.

There are two bright sides to my weekend though.

This afternoon around 5:00, I’m going up to the Irish Times Pub and meet a bunch of people I worked with at the last job I had before I retired. My good friend Scott is getting married soon and the people from work have arranged a get together for him and his fiancée there. They didn’t forget me and invited me too.

Sunday, my son Brian and his girlfriend fly down to Florida for a week for a vacation. They are going to do the Orlando/Disney/Epcot thing and who knows what else and won’t be back until next Sunday. They will be staying in one of the homes his grandparents own so he saves money by not having to rent a hotel room. The bad part is that it looks like Sunday night I have to drive to JFK and pick Brian and Cheryl up when they get back if they get anyone else to do it.

Then Monday I pick up Lori from the ferry and she is going to stay with me all next week until Sunday night when my son gets home. I hope Lori doesn’t get sick walking around in the rain and cold this weekend. If she does, my sexless streak will continue for who knows how long.

9 comments:

BTExpress said...

Your not kidding. My last onE ran 4 years and now that I'm getting it regularly for the last two months, It starts again. BOO HOO....... :-(

Beth said...

Sorry, Sugar. Maybe ya'll will have to have phone sex. Hee!

lime said...

lol. at least ya have 2 good hands. as you astitely pointed out i'm down to one:P lol

lime said...

astutely*

Libby said...

we'll all pray for lori not to get sick!!!

Megan said...

ya know, i USED to feel for ya when you were in the midst of the 4 year stretch, but now that i've gone without for over a month and you are getting more than me, i got NO sympathy. :P

and yes, i still like sex even though i'm pregnant.

BTExpress said...

Thanks Marge :-(

Queen of Ass - Oooo, now that's an idea.

Lime - LOL, I like asTITely better. HeeHee...........

Libby - Thanks, I appreciate that

Sis B - But Sis, it will be like 8 whole days. We saw each other last Wednesday, but her Aunt Flo was visiting. I forgot you can't get any now. Okay, you felt bad for me, now I'll feel bad for you.

The Guardian said...

You poor thing....sexless for a whole weekend! How will you ever survive????

BTExpress said...

Cutie - Hey, I'm spoiled now.