Friday, May 05, 2006

Shocked Sales Lady

Yesterday was the two-month anniversary of Lori and my first date. Being the sentimental fools people that we are, we had a small celebration. It wasn’t extravagant, just dinner, a little shopping and a few drinks afterwards, but it was nice to get together during the week none the less.

On my way to meet Lori, I stopped at the store and picked up a bouquet of flowers. (Chicks love flowers men, so remember that the next time it’s her birthday or other special occasion, like Mother’s Day which is in just a few weeks.) I arrived just as she was getting out of work.

Lori wanted steak for dinner, so we went to the Boulder Creek restaurant for a dinner. Lori’s steak was good, but mine was a bit tough. I got $10 off the bill so I don’t feel so bad.

After dinner, we went shopping. Lori wanted to buy some new luggage for our trip in November. Lori is going with me to San Diego in November so we can help cheer Jodes on for the Breast Cancer 3-Day walk she’s making and raising money for.

(Insert Jodes request for donations from the web site here)

“Please support me as I take an amazing journey in the fight against breast cancer! The Breast Cancer 3-Day is a 60-mile walk over the course of three days. Net proceeds benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust, funding important breast cancer research, education, screening, and treatment. You have no idea how much your support means, Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”

(End commercial)

I drove over to the Tanger’s Mall after dinner because there are four luggage stores in that mall. The third store we went in, Lori saw what she was looking for but not in pink. Lori wanted pink luggage, so she asked the sales lady if she had the set in pink.

The sales lady says something like, ”We don’t have it in pink, just the blue you see”.

Lori didn’t want blue, so she told the sales lady never mind and we turned leave. The sales lady obviously wanting to make the sale and asked Lori “Why do you want pink luggage? Won’t your husband (looking at me) be embarrassed to travel with you with pink luggage?”

WTF does she care what color Lori wants? It’s Lori’s prerogative to get what color she wants, right? Personally, I didn’t care what color Lori got. It’s her luggage, moreover, pink is for girls and Lori is a girl right?

So I smile at the nice sales lady and said, “Oh, we’re not married, we’re lovers”.

The sales lady really didn’t know what to say to that I suppose and just stuttered something unintelligible and then said good night as we walked out the door.

Once we leave the store, Lori laughs and tells me she was surprised I said that. She told me that she would have just gone along with it and left. I told her I felt the shock value would be funny, which it was.

Lori also told me that me saying we were lovers was hot, so when we got back in the car, we made out a little before going to the next store. It was okay folks. The parking lot wasn’t crowded and no one was walking around. Besides, we kept all of our clothes on and didn’t expose any naughty bits.

Oh yeah. The next store we went to had the pink luggage Lori wanted so she bought it.

5 comments:

CozyMama said...

THANKS MAN!!!!! You are the best. Everytime I tell someone how you were my 1st donation they get all emotional with me, it is so great!!!!

Wenchy said...

"So I smile at the nice sales lady and said, “Oh, we’re not married, we’re lovers”."

Oh this was THE BEST Tony!!!! LOL Love it!!!! (and you)

marge said...

good going !!!! pink luggage is hot

Tish said...

*LOL* Every time you say "naughty bits", I find myself laughing.

Julie said...

That is hilarious!
I'm so happy for you that you have found such a sweet and loving companion. I hope your son comes around soon!