Friday, November 18, 2005

You surprised me yesterday

I really expected that most of you would think the scar I posted yesterday was gross, but you surprised me. I only got one kinda gross, but a lot of "awesome, proud, brave, thank you, wow, nice ass, wicked scar, it rocks, must have hurt", things like that.

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY, VERY MUCH!!!!!! YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!!!!!!

I have gotten more "Thank you's" and "I'm proud of you's" in the last week, than I did in all the years since coming back from Vietnam. I am truly blown away. No pun intended. ;-)

I am very touched, I really am. If I could, I would give all you ladies hugs and shake all the guys hands. Well, a couple of the cuter guys I might hug. ;-)

Ooo, Ooo! Wait! I can give you all hugs after all! Remember? We are setting up a HNT get together and could I hug you all there. Now I'm really psyched for this trip!

If any of you HNT friends want to know more about our HNT get together, visit this blog for more info. Our lovely Addict will be more than glad to assist you. I would love to see you all.

Wait! One more thing! Believe it or not, being "sort of blown up" really didn't hurt that much. It was more of an uncomfortable feeling than hurting. I'll make a post about being wounded and tell you the whole story if you want. Interested hearing more of my dribble?

8 comments:

Angela said...

I always enjoy reading your're stories :) Tell it all my brother, tell it all....(a little bit of Lewis Grizzard there) *giggles*

BTExpress said...

Oh Kristy, I don't think so. I'm very modest and aren't usually one to do such things. My posts should have shown what I'm willing to do by now. :-)

Wenchy said...

Look forward to that post.

mmmmm HNT weekend sounds great... but Africa may be a tad far to travel. :(

Sasha said...

ok, it took me a coupla days to get here, but i AM here, and wanted to say... can i just reiterate everything the girls left on your HNT comments section? i'd like a hug too! :)

i'm really bummed i might not be able to go to the HNT get-together... well not sure yet though but we'll see. :(

BTExpress said...

30Something-That hasn't been decided yet. There's a website set up for organizing the trip. Email me and I'll give you the address. Same goes for any other HNT friends.

Samantha Alice said...

I'd love to hear more of the story, if you're willing to share. My dad was in Nam, and all he's ever admitted to was being a laundry clerk (were laundry clerks officers?), but my sister found ribbons that don't quite match up... I figure it's his story to tell and he shouldn't have to if he doesn't want to, but sometimes I wish I knew the history to pass down...

BTExpress said...

Sam-Your dad could very well have been an officer in charge of the laundry. If you want to describe what the ribbons looked like, or email a picture of them, I might be able to tell you what they are.

BTExpress said...

Sasha- Thanks for coming by. If you do make it to the HNT get together, I'd love yo give you a hug too. I can never get enough hugs. Hope you can make it.