Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I know these last couple of posts have been long............

....but that's what happens when one starts posting one's memoirs. ;-)

J/K

I've always wanted to put things on paper that I thought my son and someday maybe my grandkids might want to know about me. I know so little about my father's life and regret that. When I was little, he told me a lot of bedtime stories. I especially loved the ones he told me about his time in the Navy, which was sometime during World War II. I remember a few thing, but it's not much. I don't even know what ships he served on.

Last April I started this blog and every once in a while, I'd write something about my past and some of you seem to like it. The last week or so, I talked a little about my life in Vietnam and received comment about how some of you are sorry your father's won't tell you about their experiences in Nam. That made me think about my regrets concerning my father's military service. Then one thing lead to another and now I'm telling as much as I can remember about that time of my life. I know there long, but that's just the way it is, I'm trying for as much details as possible. I'm not very good at describing things like a "real" author or they would be even longer, be grateful at that at least. ;-)

I have no idea where this will lead, or what I'll eventually do with my stories, except maybe share them with my son, and you guys of course. Just please bare with me and skip them if you get bored. I promise I'll still post my usual blabbering and naked man ass pictures just like I have been.

6 comments:

Samantha Alice said...

Being free to just be who you are is kinda one of the reasons for having a blog, right? It's not supposed to turn into more pressure and more work and more deadlines - except for Thursdays!

MamaKBear said...

I have been enjoying your stories, and you tell them well, so no worries!

My Uncle served in Vietnam, but never talks about it...my Mom says it really changed him, he wasn't the same when he came back. My Granddad served in the Navy, yet I've never heard any stories from him either. My Daddy was in the Air Force, though it was at peace time.

Keep your stories coming, and I'm grateful to you for your service. Thank you! :)

Wenchy said...

I am loving them. :)

techymike said...

I don't comment often, Tony...but I do read. I'm loving these stories. It's always amazing to hear a first hand tale of anyone's life. It may not seem interesting to you, but there's always someone else out there that it will intrigue!

-Mike

Megan said...

I'm loving reading your stories and I think one day your children and grandchildren will appreciate them. Make sure you save them somewhere else, or print them out or something, so that there are backups of all your hard work! The way you describe things is great, even if you don't think you're a "real" author.

BTExpress said...

Thanks everyone! I'm glad your enjoying the stories. I've started saving all my posts to a word file, that way in case Blogger decides to delete my blog, I've heard rumors that's happen to some) my life will be preserved for my decedents. :-) I'm also going to get some of my stories from PFC where I Moderate. I told this funny one about me following a doctor's wife around a bar, as she showed off her nipple piercing and tattoo down very, very low. :-)

Sis b - then maybe I should say I'm a rookie author then. :-)