Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I know these last couple of posts have been long............

....but that's what happens when one starts posting one's memoirs. ;-)

J/K

I've always wanted to put things on paper that I thought my son and someday maybe my grandkids might want to know about me. I know so little about my father's life and regret that. When I was little, he told me a lot of bedtime stories. I especially loved the ones he told me about his time in the Navy, which was sometime during World War II. I remember a few thing, but it's not much. I don't even know what ships he served on.

Last April I started this blog and every once in a while, I'd write something about my past and some of you seem to like it. The last week or so, I talked a little about my life in Vietnam and received comment about how some of you are sorry your father's won't tell you about their experiences in Nam. That made me think about my regrets concerning my father's military service. Then one thing lead to another and now I'm telling as much as I can remember about that time of my life. I know there long, but that's just the way it is, I'm trying for as much details as possible. I'm not very good at describing things like a "real" author or they would be even longer, be grateful at that at least. ;-)

I have no idea where this will lead, or what I'll eventually do with my stories, except maybe share them with my son, and you guys of course. Just please bare with me and skip them if you get bored. I promise I'll still post my usual blabbering and naked man ass pictures just like I have been.

No comments: