Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Update - Saturday

We had a good weekend. Like I said in my last post, Friday I spent at Lori's working around her place. We went back to my place for the night though. I heated up left over teriyaki steak, pepper, onion & pineapple stir fry for dinner.

Saturday we went to the local Maritime Museum's annual seafood festival. They had a lot of foods to choose from, beer of course and a Stoli booth where you could buy vodka drinks. They also had bands playing throughout the day, but we didn't stay as long as last year to listen to them play. Last year they set up the portable bleachers in front of the stage, but this year they didn't do that. No way was I standing for hours on end. Here's a few pictures I took.

The first thing we did was eat lunch. We stayed away from the typical fried seafood and ate clams on the half shell and grill shrimp. I drank a beer and Lori had a Stoli bay breeze.





As you can see, Lori enjoyed the food and drinks.








Then we topped off lunch with an ear of grill corn on the cob. I LOVE local fresh corn on the cob!










We walked around checking out the booths, but didn't find anything we wanted to buy, so we left and spent the rest of the day at my place in the air conditioning. It was so frigging hot and humid out. I cooked dinner as usual. I made a recipe Lori found. It was Margarita Shrimp Salad. Hot shrimp over salad just didn't taste right, so I made hole grain pasta and we had it over that. TThat way we really enjoyed it. If you like shrimp & limes, give it a try.

4 comments:

Libby said...

great weekend, tony!!

SeaRabbit said...

A lot of nice food around here... ;-)

Chelle said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.....which you ALWAYS seem to do together :)

The margarita shrimp salad looks delicious, I am going to try it!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

lime said...

sunday comes before saturday in your weekends? i'm so confused. heheh

well it looks liek a good time was had by all. i had to laugh at the peephole instalation coming after the shower bar...i was thinking fora minute you put peepholes in the bathroom. :P