Friday, August 10, 2007

My New Stoop

Carlos and his crew finished rebuilding my stoop yesterday too. The stone they used is call variegated Tennessee Crab Orchard Sandstone. Here's Carlos standing next to his handy work.


In a week or so, Carlos is coming back to give me an estimate for installing white PVC railing on the stoop. I suppose the landscaper will be coming back soon to do the planting in the front too. I'm going to hold him off until I get the siding put back and repaired. My son is good friends with two brothers that took over their father's siding business. They are among the group that hangs out here from time to time swimming in the pool and playing beer pong in my back yard. I've know them all for many years myself, so the price should be a good one. :-)

I wet the stoop down with water so you could better see the colors in the stone.



I'm very happy with how it turned out. It's exactly what I was hoping it would look. Monday Frank comes back and guts the master bath so the plumber and electrician can do their handy work.

6 comments:

gab said...

Oh I love it. I never knew a front porch could look so beautiful..Ut oh Mr Gab look out Mrs Gab is got remodeling on her mind. Our steps are breaking up........Ideas Ideas

Tara Tainton said...

Amazingly beautiful stone. I would've never envisioned anything like that myself. You have great taste!

xoxo
Tara

Sandi said...

That looks totally awesome Tony... It is just gorgeous!!!

sm said...

That's starting to look real good. I'd be afraid that I'd slip on that porch if it was wet. Good work!

BTExpress said...

SM - You don't have to worry about that. Here is what one web site said about it. "It’s gritty, non-slip surface and brilliant-when-wet colors make it a popular choice for pool decks, walkways, flooring, patios, and stairs." That's one of the reasons it was chosen.

Monogram Queen said...

BEAUTIFL I am so impressed! I love love love that stone!