Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Adventure Continues

Yesterday Frank, my bathroom contractor, finished putting up the dry wall, applying the first coat of spackle and laying the cement board on the floor.



It was a long day yesterday for the guys working on the stoop. They didn't leave until after 8:00 PM just about the time the mosquitoes came out in force.


Around 6:00 I got a call from Phil, the guy that's going to build a custom vanity for the half bath. Yesterday I told you all about that problem. He arrived around 9:30PM and we went over what I needed. He explained a few problems and came up with a new design. I loved his idea! I'll hold off telling you what it is until we work out a price and I contract him to do the job.

When he left I was beat so decided to go to bed. I tried turning on my TV. Yes, I tried, but it didn't go on. NOW WTF IS WRONG!!!! To make a long story short, the electrical outlet had no power. It did this morning before the contractors showed up, but not now. I'll bet they cut a wire when they worked on the front wall footing. Oh well, so I went out to the garage, found and extension cord and plugged the cable box and TV into another outlet.

Lori called and we chatted until a little after 11:00. The contractor at her new place finally got all of his stuff out of her garage yesterday, so Lori and her kids moved tons of stuff into the garage to get it out of their way and finally start to unpack.

A bad thunder storm came through early this morning. It delayed Carlos and his crew from continuing on the stoop early. That was great for me, because I got to sleep in and didn't get up until 10:15AM when I heard them tamping down the fill in the stoop.

Frank arrived soon after that to get back to work. I explained the electrical problem to him. He said he'd take a look at it before he left. I did a little trouble shooting myself and narrowed it down to, yes, the wiring they had to move yesterday when they replaced the footing. I found two places where the wire could have been cut. Just before he left today, he found the cut wire I found and spliced it back together.

Today Frank laid the floor tile and put on another coat of spackle. What do you think?


Carlos and his crew are still at it. I really like how this is turning out. Wait until you see the stone they are laying on top.

3 comments:

SignGurl said...

Looking good!!

gab said...

wow that floor looks nice and the front porch is starting to take shape.

Monogram Queen said...

So fresh and exciting and new! Best of luck to you Tony (and Lori & fam too)