Tuesday, August 21, 2007

New Master Bath Rebuild - Day 3

The contractor installed the cement board and sheet rock today. He also made the cement base for the shower floor tile. Monday he'll come back and start the tile work. Speaking of tile, here's a peek at what he's going to be installing.

The larger tile (17"x17") goes on the floor outside the shower. The rest is for the walls and the ceiling in the shower. The bottom half of the walls will have the 8"x17" tile and then a row of the boarder tile you see on the right. Next will be a few rows of 8"x8" tile and then another row of boarder tile. At the top of the walls will be another row of the 8"x8" tile.





This tile (1"x1" squares) is for the floor of the shower. I needed to use this type, because it forms better to the curves of the cement base to assure proper drainage.









So without further ado, here's a video tour of day three's work.



I hope you've been paying attention, so you can remodel your bathrooms too.

1 comment:

Crabby said...

FIRST! Eat your hearts out people. I got here first. WOOT!

I am paying attention because we have an ancient tub and shower that one day need replacing.

I'm liking your tile colors. Can't go wrong with earth tones. Very classy.

I'll have to show you a pic of my bath. We have nekie pics in ours. LOL! Don't look at me, man. They're Bob's art. One naked woman on the sand. One naked woman on the rocks in water.