Friday, August 17, 2007

New Master Bath Rebuild, Day 1

The contractor framed out the new master bath Wednesday. First he laid down tar paper and then put 3/4" plywood over that. The old floor was in sad shape, so the plywood was needed to shore it up. The tar paper is placed between layers of wood to prevent the floor from squeaking when you walk on it. It's also a vapor barrier of sorts, but primarily it's to prevent squeaking.

Man, ya learn something new everyday.


The he framed out the shower and built the shower seat. The shower is massive. It's eight feet long and about 37" wide. I wonder how many people can fit in there? Anyone want to come over when the shower is ready, so we can find out? ;-)



Here's a video tour after the first days work.




PS
Check out the video in the post below. It's HOT!

6 comments:

Crabby said...

That's a huge shower! You weren't kidding about showering with other people, were you?

You know, you are gonna love this when it's all done. After having the same bathroom for 25 years...whoa! That would be major excitement for me.

Libby said...

my God, tony...that freakin shower is bigger than my BEDROOM!! good for you!

Zoely said...

Hey Baby, Something at my blog for you, at the bottom of today's post...
{hugs}

Anonymous said...

I took your advice and watched your HNT video. You were right, not so bad. I'm glad you're getting rid of all that brown. The new shower is going to be incredible! You'll have to do another HNT get-together and celebrate in proper HNT style!

GAB said...

I was wondering about the floor from the first video I even told Mr gab as we watched it dang he'll fall through if that dont get fixed!

Anonymous said...

Pssst! Follow *me* - I have something to tell you....