Tuesday, January 31, 2006

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Or maybe.....

THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!!

THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!!

There is just can't be any other explanation for the miracle that happened last week.

What miracle you ask?

MY SON CLEANED HIS ROOM!!!!

No, not just cleaned it, HE CLEANED IT!!!

Friday I got home a little late, okay, a lot late. Next to the front door is this pile of six large bags of old clothes.



Then I walk into the kitchen and I see this huge pile of trash.



I know it wasn't there when I left. WTF is this all about? Is Brian making a few dollars taking in other people's garbage, or what? Brian was in bed so I asked him about it the next afternoon when he got up.

"I'm cleaning my room", he said.

If I hadn't have been sitting down, I'd have fallen down. You see, Brian has never cleaned his room. I think the last time it was cleaned was when he graduated 6th grade, well, okay, maybe 7th grade, but not since then.

I was sitting in the den and Brian walked by carrying something downstairs. I gave him a glance as he walks by. A minute or so later, he walks by carrying something else. Now he has my attention.

"Brian, what are you doing?"

"I told you, I'm cleaning my room", he said.

I get up and walk in his room and see his girl friend dusting the shelves he keeps his collection of turtles and shot glasses. (I know, collecting turtles and shot glasses doesn't make any sense to me either)

I just walk quietly away as not to spoil the mood.

A few of hours goes by and they say their done. I walk into Brian's room and was shocked! Shocked I tell you!

I look in the closet, It's practically empty. The shelves under his loft bed are cleaned off and I can actually see there is a desk top and shelves. The crap all over, under, around and through all the furniture in his room is gone. Carpet! I forgot he had carpet on the floor of his room.

I practically broke down in tears and give Brian and his Cheryl big hugs.

"What brought this on" I asked.

Cheryl said, "His room was a pig sty and I couldn't stand it anymore."

Hey, anyone know the Pope? I have a young lady I want to nominate for sainthood, because God knows, Cheryl performed a miracle.

No comments: