Monday, January 30, 2006

Please help

A little over a week ago, a fellow blogger Jodes, posted a message asking for help in raising money for the Breast Cancer 3 day Walk she is participating in this in November. Please consider donating to this worthy cause.

This an email I received from her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This year, I'll be participating in a very special event called the Breast Cancer 3-Day. I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment through the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

I've agreed to raise at least $2,200 in donations. I've set my personal goal at $3000. So I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation? I realize that some of you barely know me or only know me thru the Blog World, but I consider all of you my friends and would be so thankful for anything that you can give. I also totally understand if you cannot donate, no pressure. Your words of encouragement are plenty. Here is the link:

http:///">http://www.the3day.org/SanDiego06/jelliott

According to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, approximately 200,000 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and nearly 40,000 will die from the disease. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I look forward to hearing from each of you.
Thank you in advance for your generosity!

Sincerely,
Jodi

No comments: