Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Date Update

I want to start out by saying your comments these last few days have overwhelmed me. I do know that my blog has slowly gained popularity over time and my friendship with many of you has developed into something very real, but this outpouring of love and compassion is something I really didn't expect from so many of you. I am truly humbled by this. I am so fortunate to have you all in my life and wouldn't trade you for anything. I really do love you all and look forward so much to meeting many of you when we get together later this year. Be prepared for many hugs and kisses. :-D

Now about last night.

I met Arlene for dinner about 6:30 last night at a place near her after I got off of work. It is her favorite place to go so she knows everyone there. I met everyone and they treated me like I was an old friend. I love going to places like that. There's a place by me that does the same thing and I'm going to start going there a lot more.

We had a few drinks and ate dinner. We had the same thing; Salmon in a potato crust on a bed of spinach and some rice. They even served home made bread. Everything was delicious. Around 10:00 Arlene's son came in so I got to meet him. What a terrific young man and can he sing. He is going to a college upstate and studying voice. Arlene played some music from the juke box (do they still call it that?) and he sang a few songs for us. He was so much better than all of the kids on the American Idol show we watched on TV earlier. The bar has 10 TVs all around the bar.

We all talked and had a great time and the next thing you know it was 12:30 so we left. It was one of the best times I've had in years. It's been a long time and I've forgotten how much fun life can really be. I can't wait for Saturday.

No comments: