Tuesday, January 31, 2006

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Or maybe.....

THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!!

THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!!!

There is just can't be any other explanation for the miracle that happened last week.

What miracle you ask?

MY SON CLEANED HIS ROOM!!!!

No, not just cleaned it, HE CLEANED IT!!!

Friday I got home a little late, okay, a lot late. Next to the front door is this pile of six large bags of old clothes.



Then I walk into the kitchen and I see this huge pile of trash.



I know it wasn't there when I left. WTF is this all about? Is Brian making a few dollars taking in other people's garbage, or what? Brian was in bed so I asked him about it the next afternoon when he got up.

"I'm cleaning my room", he said.

If I hadn't have been sitting down, I'd have fallen down. You see, Brian has never cleaned his room. I think the last time it was cleaned was when he graduated 6th grade, well, okay, maybe 7th grade, but not since then.

I was sitting in the den and Brian walked by carrying something downstairs. I gave him a glance as he walks by. A minute or so later, he walks by carrying something else. Now he has my attention.

"Brian, what are you doing?"

"I told you, I'm cleaning my room", he said.

I get up and walk in his room and see his girl friend dusting the shelves he keeps his collection of turtles and shot glasses. (I know, collecting turtles and shot glasses doesn't make any sense to me either)

I just walk quietly away as not to spoil the mood.

A few of hours goes by and they say their done. I walk into Brian's room and was shocked! Shocked I tell you!

I look in the closet, It's practically empty. The shelves under his loft bed are cleaned off and I can actually see there is a desk top and shelves. The crap all over, under, around and through all the furniture in his room is gone. Carpet! I forgot he had carpet on the floor of his room.

I practically broke down in tears and give Brian and his Cheryl big hugs.

"What brought this on" I asked.

Cheryl said, "His room was a pig sty and I couldn't stand it anymore."

Hey, anyone know the Pope? I have a young lady I want to nominate for sainthood, because God knows, Cheryl performed a miracle.

21 comments:

Chickie said...

Cheryl is a keeper, eh? :)

I can only imagine what his room looked like before!

The Guy in the Back said...

The miracles never cease when it comes to kids. Now we all know if YOU had went in there and cleaned it...it would have been a felony.

Kudos to Cheryl.

BTExpress said...

Chickie, believe me, you don't even want to know.

Guy - That's for sure.

No SassyLadi - I've been trying to get her to clean my house without luck.

lime said...

please, i beg you. tell me the secret! i have 2 daughters who wallow in similar pigsties!

BTExpress said...

Lime - I was afraid to ask her how she got him to clean like that. I'm not sure I really wanted know the details of the threat if you get my drift.

ShyRocket said...

Wow, how refreshing... I love that feeling of having just cleaned up lots of stuff. If you read one of my latest blogs, you'll see that my wife considers cleaning (i.e. throwing stuff out) to be the best foreplay ever!

ShyRocket said...

Oh and BTW, BT, congrads on the retirement... have you ever thought of returning to Vietnam for a visit? If you do, I'll commit to meeting you there! I have to go there on business at least once in the next 12 months.

Unknown said...

Yay Brian!! Yay Cheryl!! I have intentions of doing a similar clean-up at my place... wish me luck!

Deadly Female said...

All that stuff was in one room???

Jillian said...

Amen!!

Summer said...

Now that's making me feel bad for not cleaning out all my stuff. I've been meaning to do that for about 2 weeks now.

I think I need a Cheryl of my own to force me to do it too.

And, what's up with not understanding collecting turtles? *sigh* There is nothing wrong with that! :)

MamaKBear said...

I've been getting the urge to do some real cleaning around here too...I've got to go through the girls' clothes and get rid of a bunch. (My sister keeps sending over hand-me-downs so they've got way too many!) Want to clean out the closets, the top of the fridge...stuff like that.

Spring must be coming soon...that's the only way I can explain it!

BTExpress said...

Shyrocket - I never really had the urge to go back to Vietnam until I started writing my stories. I'd really like to go back, but I think this year I'll spend getting my house back in order and traveling around this country. Maybe next year.

Marge - I always did the same thing you did. I never even separated his clothes if he took off say his undershirt and other shirt at the same time. He never learned his lesson though. he still does it.

Good luck SG!

Yes Deadly Female and his room is only about 8 x 10. That's one reason I was so shocked.

Jill - All bow to Saint Cheryl ;-)

Summer - No, no you misunderstood. I understand collecting shot glasses. I also understand collecting turtles, but I don't understand why he is collecting both. I mean, what has one got to do with the other?

BTExpress said...

MamaK - Cleaning all the junk out my house is one of the first things I going to work on after I retire. I'm getting a dumpster again.

Libby said...

yay cheryl! spring cleaner of the year! tiff spring cleans her room, when she sees her aunt kathy spring cleaning...she's a clean freak...think she sping cleans like once a week...

Wenchy said...

Go Brian!!!!

Hope you well Tony. :)

BTExpress said...

Wenchy, I'm fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Must be something in the air - everyone I know is cleaning!

-Not Cathy OR Diega haha

CozyMama said...

wow, there are a lot of bags there!!!!!!!

Jes said...

Wow! I'm going through a similar clean up, getting ready to move to Korea. I never knew it was possible to collect so much shit!! I was always a little messy, though. My parents gave up trying to make me clean my room when they realized it would be easier to just move!

BTExpress said...

I don't think Cheryl would like that very much. Your way too much competition. ;-)