Friday, December 14, 2007

Hero performed by Michael Israel in New York

I stopped by Don's blog last night at Mysteries of the Pineapple. Don is married to Samantha Alice, a blogger friend some of you know and a friend of mine almost from the beginning of my blog. Sam enlisted in the army late last year and is now stationed in Germany. Don and their children joined her there a while ago.

In Don's post, he said that he had a tough week, because he found out that their son will soon be deployed to Iraq and his wife Sam, may be deployed at anytime. I can't imagine what they are all feeling right now.

As much as I'm against the war in Iraq, I am still extremely proud of them, and everyone in the military for making the sacrifices our country has asked of them. I'm also proud of many other people, in all walks of life, that makes sacrifices for us every day.

Don provided a link to an amazing video on YouTube that is a wonderful tribute to these people. I'm not ashamed to say that I cried like a baby starting at the 2-minute mark and continued until well after the video was over.

This is part of the description of the video they provided.

Don't miss the end...wonderful surprises all the way through. HERO is an amazing accomplishment, a performance you watch with your heart. This work has helped raise interest and awareness for many charities and worthy causes. This performance was produced by Wolfgang Films.

HERO explores commitment to an ideal. It asks the question: What endeavor would you undertake knowing full well that the odds are you will fail? What would you give your all to knowing it's likely you will be severely injured or even die trying? What is the greatest possible reward and in that thought, what is the most valuable and priceless thing on earth?

10 comments:

Sandi said...

Tremendous Tony.. thank you so much for sharing that.

Monogram Queen said...

As you know I can't see video but as against the war in Iraq as I am also. I am very proud and grateful for those who are over there fighting. They rock. I feel for your friend, worrying about his wife AND his son. That's gotta be tough.

jillie said...

That was AMAZING! My heart goes out to your friend and his family! They, as well as you, are the ones we need to be greatful for for our freedom.

Thank you Tony!!!

xo

lime said...

wonderful. that was amazing to watch. and i can't imagine what your friends are going through. prayers go with them.

Libby said...

thanks, tony! you're probably gonna be like that guy's 'rock' if his wife & son both go over there...but, i can tell, you're good at it!!

jillie said...

Are you guys snowed in yet?

barman said...

I have seen him before. He is amazing. And I so love that first song. Keeping in mind your friend and what he is going through this had extra special meaning.

I hope all goes well when and if they are deployed and that we will soon be pulling out of Iraq.

Kittie Kate said...

It's not coming up.
I'll try again later.

nope said...

That was beautiful and absolutely amazing. I couldn't tear my eyes away! I haven't ever seen anything quite like that.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Thoughts and prayers to your friends and their family...

Don said...

Thanks for the kind words. Another thing that sucks is that we had bought tickets for our son to come see us the first of the year before his activation Jan. 30. But we learned last week that they moved his activation date up to Jan. 4 so we won't be able to see him. Thanks to all for keeping him and all the military personnel in your thoughts.