Sunday, December 09, 2007

Finally got the pool closed.......

...... well, almost.

Last weekend I had an excuse. It snowed.


I know, I know, I know, I've been procrastinating closing my pool, but I've been mega busy ROTFLMAO , but that all came to an end on Saturday. With Lori prodding me, I started closing the pool.

The weather on Saturday was cold, cold and colder. Okay, it was in the mid-40s, but that's still cold for a pool closing. While I was doing the pool, Lori was baking cookies. Don't they look good?



I wasn't thrilled that I would be spending the day out doors, but I know it had to be done.







I tried to get some sympathy from Lori so I could stop and go inside where it was warm.










I even tried smiling, but no deal. I had to at least finish cleaning the pool before I would be allowed inside to get warm.











The time finally came when it was time to add the winterizing chemicals.

Two of part A and eleven of part 3 and then a few dashes of part M.





Here is the clean, chemical balanced pool.









It was starting to get dark, so I went inside to work on my next project; getting the back door storm door to close. That included replacing the broken door knob/latch/closer thingy on the storm door.













Then the next day, Sunday, Lori helped me get the winter cover on.


PS
Remind me next fall to close the pool before the garden hoses freeze.

7 comments:

Mackey said...

My garden hose is frozen solid in the backyard.
BTW...you do not know cold my friend.....it was -27*C!!!! That is -16*F
Now that,my friend, is c-c-cold!

nope said...

I love all those sad faces BT... too cute :)

Aren't you lucky to have such a talented baker for a girlfriend... Those cookies look great Lori!!

lime said...

hahaha, glad it's finally done. i think lori had the better job!

Monogram Queen said...

You DID wait kinda late didnt you? Okay i'll try to remember to remind you next year big guy :)

Ohhh and I won't mention that is near 80 here all this week k? *smirk*

jillie said...

Brrrrrrr!!! That just looks too damn cold for me! But those cookies...yummmy!! My favs too...spritz. No baking for me this year, bummer!

But hey, it's done and you'll be glad you did it come spring time ;o)

xo

BTExpress said...

Mackydoodle - HOLY CRAP!

Mizmouthy - Aw, you really know how to turn a man's head, don't you. :-)

Lori is good at more than just making cookies. ;-)

Lime - You are so right.

Patti_Cake - :-(

Jillie - I ain't done yet. I still have to drain the water and close the filter. :-(

Tara Tainton said...

Next fall, I'll save you a lot of trouble by just reminding you to move some place warmer. ;)