Wednesday, November 08, 2006

California Here I Come!

Lori and I are leaving for California tomorrow (Thursday). We’ll be in the San Diego area until Monday.

Want to know why we’re going?

Well I’m not telling ya!

LOL!!!!!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Just kidding. :-D

We're going to do some sight seeing of course, but the main reason we're going is to give our support to Jodes, Jillie and the rest of the Team Beach Babes in the San Diego 2007 Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk.

Sometime in January of this year, I saw a post from a fellow Blogger, Jodes and her commitment to raise $2,200 for breast cancer research and to walk in the Breast Cancer 3-Day walk in November. I was impressed by her commitment and donated a few dollars to her in the name of my late wife Barbara. Barbara died from brain cancer in October of 2005. Barbara had squirreled some money away and I felt it was only right to give the money to Jodes to help her raise the money she had committed to raise in fight against breast cancer.

Sometime over the next 11 months, Jodes hooked up with some other equally committed woman and they formed a walking group they named Team Beach Babes. So far the team has raised a total of $22,009. That’s a lot of money and they should all be congratulated.


Thursday evening Lori and I are meeting Jodes, Jillie and maybe a couple of other of the beach babes for drinks. I can't wait!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s not too late to donate a few dollars of your own to these ladies. Just click here and make a difference.

Tell 'em BTExpress sent ya.





9 comments:

lime said...

i remember when she posted about your donation and how it touched her so deeply. i hope you all have a GREAT time together! safe travels:)

jillie said...

I am so lucky to have found such a wonderful friend (Jodes) and then through her....I have found all of you in the wonderful world of blogging. Can't wait to meet you and Lori! Have a safe trip Tony and we'll be seeing you tomorrow! I can't believe it's aready here!!!!!!!!

CozyMama said...

Tony!! You continue to amaze me. You are awesome. I was coming over here to send you to my blog....I am very humbled by what you have posted. A couple dollars, yeah ok, Mr. Modest. Did you get my email this morning? Talk to you soon!!!! xoxoxo

BTExpress said...

Lime - Thanks. I'm certain we will have a great time. We are all meeting for dinner the night we arrive and how can I not have a great time surrounds by hot beach babes. ;-)

Jillie - Blogging has been a blessing for me. I've my share of ups and downs since I started Blogging and don't know what I would have done without the support my new found friends have given me. See you tomorrow.

Jodes - Thank you, but I am humbled by what you guys are doing. The donation was the least I could do. See you tomorrow.

aughra said...

Beautiful. Have a great time, you crazy kids!

Jon said...

That is so awesome! I am glad I wasn't the only person to donate. I think your wife would be proud of you. The fact that you get to meet them... I am soooo jealous!!!

Wenchy said...

This is truly AWESOME!!!

S said...

Oh man, Tony! Another adventure, wow!

You totally rock for your "small" donation...(Mr Modest).....and I know you are all going to have a wonderful time...

Please give them lots of hugs from us hijackers!

HHNT TOny and Lori!

Monogram Queen said...

Have a wonderful trip! What a wonderful cause!