Saturday, December 03, 2005

BTExpress’s Award Winning, World Famous Tomato Sauce

Can you believe it? Not only is BTExpress a wonderful fellow and great in the sack, but he can also cook. Get ready for the best tomato sauce you have ever eaten, I kid you not. I have never had a bad word spoken about my sauce only loving praises. Famous chefs from around the world have come to me for this recipe. I need them to stop bothering so that is why I’ve decided to post it on my blog. Hear that Emeril?

Yes, believe it or not, this is my original recipe and not something from a cookbook.

1 - 28 oz can of tomatoes with puree
2 - 28 oz cans of tomatoes with juice
1 - can Delmonte tomato sauce
1 - small can tomato paste
1 – carrot
1 – stalk of celery
1 – one medium sized onion
3 to 10 cloves of garlic (that’s up to you, but at least three)
2 bay leaves
1 Tbl Italian Seasoning
2 tsp dry basil
¼ tsp dried pepper flakes
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp tyme
½ tsp rosemary
½ tsp marjoram
Red wine to taste, ½ cup is good
Food Mill
Large Pot

1. Cut up the carrot, celery, and onion into large pieces. Peel the garlic and put it all in a food processor. Get it as small as possible. Use a little olive oil if you have a hard time.
2. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to the bottom of a large pot and sauté the contents of the food processor. Be careful not to over cook it. You may want to leave the garlic out of the food processor and add it to the pot just before the tomatoes. Garlic has a tendency to burn and get bitter if you over cook it.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and put the food mill over the pot.
4. Put the tomatoes through the food mill. Discard the seeds.
5. Return the pot to the heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
6. Simmer for as long as you can stand it.

Notes:
The first step of this recipe is the most important. Bet you never thought of adding carrot, celery, and onion did you? It really makes all the difference in the world on how the sauce turns out.

You are also free to add as much of the spices as you like depending on your taste. I usually double what I've listed because I like my sauce flavorful. May I suggest more oregano as a start. It bothers me so that’s why I add so little. But stick with two bay leaves.

Many people don't like their sauce so spicy that’s why I went easy on the spices in the recipe. Remember, you can always add more spices, but can never remove them once they've been added.

By the way, I lied about the famous chefs, the award winning and world famous thing. I just wanted to get your attention. ;-)

5 comments:

Angela said...

OMG BTE I'm so copying this and making some. Thanks for sharing, this sounds sooo yummy :)

Libby said...

i'm not the cook here, but i'll pass it on to kevin...
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

Megan said...

You had our attention anyway, silly! :) But it did add a dramatic flair to a recipe, which is usually somewhat difficult to accomplish. Soldier Boy and I will probably try this next weekend! We'll report in to let you know how it turned out. BTW, are you using fresh spices or dried ones?

BTExpress said...

Dried. I never tried it with fresh.

BTExpress said...

What's stopping you from coming by for some. I always have some in the freezer. :-)

Did I tell you I also make great meatballs too? Woops, forget I said that. I know how hungry you are. ;-)