Monday, June 12, 2006

Weekend Update

Our weekend went well and happily, there were no lettuce type incidences!

Friday night we got a hamburger for dinner and then went to the movies. We saw “Cars”. It's a very good movie and I highly recommend it for everyone.

Lightning McQueen and Sally Carrera are the stars of Pixar’s new animated movie.


The cast also includes, left to right: Sarge, Luigi, Fillmore, Guido, Mater, Red, Sheriff, Ramone, Flo and Lizzie.

After the movies, we went back to Lori's place. We watched some TV, had a couple of drinks and settled into bed for some well needed snuggling and finally got to sleep around 3:00 AM due to the fact someone couldn't sleep.

Saturday afternoon, yes afternoon, we finally got out of bed (hey, we were tired and wanted to snuggle some more) around 2:00. We went shopping for dinner and some more gin and tonic. Damn stuff just seems to disappear all on it's own for some reason.

The steak pin wheels looked good, so we got two of those. We also bought a giant sweet potato, a very large Valeda onion and some corn on the cob.


Since we were at Lori's house, she was going to cook dinner this time. Remembering the lettuce incident, I kept my mouth shut and only helped her dinner when she asked me. I sliced the onion exactly how we liked it, nice and thick so they would be a little crunchy when we ate them. Note: Lori is the perfect girl for me because she loves onions and garlic as much as I do!

Here's Lori setting up our plates.

Lori cooked everything just PERFECTLY, with just a little stirring of the onions by me. The steak pin wheels were medium rare, she prepared the sweet potato with a little butter and corn on the cob also with a little butter and a touch salt. I put pepper on the sweet potato and corn. YUMMY!!!!! I can still taste it!

It was late when we finished dinner, so we showered and went right to bed. We watched some of the Cooking Channel for a while, snuggled and then fell a sleep, but not too late. I think it was around 1:00 AM.

Sunday morning we were up just before noon, but stayed in bed and snuggled a little, just a little, because we wanted to get out of the house before her children got home. I helped her take their winter clothes down to the basement and bring up a few things that she uses during the summer. We also packed my car with some clothes she wanted to keep at my house.

You see, Lori will be staying at my house on weekends from now on. No more motels! I had a conversation with my son Brian and he’s okay with it. You see, Brian didn't like the fact I was dating, and made that perfectly clear to me. He told me he understood why I wanted to date, and wasn't mad at me for dating, but he said he thought it was too soon after the death of my wife (October 2005).

One night two weeks ago, Brian got home from work around 10:30 and I had a talk with him. I told him that Lori would be staying at our house on weekends from now on. I explained that the cost of motels had skyrocketed on Long Island now that the summer season is here. I explained how the prices had gone up from $99 to $139 a night in one place and from $79 to $125 a night in another. I told him that it was too expensive to stay in motels every weekend now. The prices surprised him (I could see in the way he looked that he had no idea it was so expensive). Guess what his response was? "Yep, ok." Then he just walked into his room to eat the food he brought home with him.

OK?! That's it?! I was expecting a negative response, I really was. But nope, he just said he was going to eat and then go to bed. I was very surprised he didn't say anything else and I'm thinking "what the fuck?!" No bitching or complaining or anything of the such like the last time we talked about her staying here. I thought he might be mad, but he didn't want to get into it, so he just went to his room and not talk about it. I just let it be.

My curiosity got the best of me in a few minutes, so I go into his room to see if he was mad or will even talk to me. We made some small talk. I asked him what he was eating, how his lizards are doing, reminded him we need to fumigate the house to get rid of ants, stuff like that. He was very pleasant and we had a nice chat.

Okay, so now I'm thinking, things are going so well, I'll bring up having Lori and her kids all over for 4th of July and that we need to open the pool and clean up outside. Guess what he said? He says, "Ok."
After talking for a few minutes, he told me he was tired. I could see that in his face. And he was going to finish eating and get to sleep. I told him good night and I love you. He replied with the same.

Now I'm surprised, shocked even. I'm thinking HOLY CRAP! Did this conversation really happen? I am so surprised it went so well. Damn, he must be used to Lori and I seeing each other now. How about that?

Sorry for getting side tracked.

After we left Lori’s place yesterday, we stopped at a diner for breakfast about 2:30. Then I took the long way to my house through the small towns on the North Fork of Long Island. I wanted to look at all the small towns, farm stands and thing like that.

When we got to my place, Lori put away her clothes, I opened the mail and then we sat down at my computer so i could download pictures from her camera. I downloaded a lot of pictures, about one-years worth. She has a very old Mac computer and can’t get the camera software to work on it for her. We spent quite a while looking at the pictures while I edited them, so I could print them out for her for an album she has. We’ll print them out next weekend.

After we were done with that, Lori wanted gyros for dinner so we went up into town and got take out of the gyros and Greek salad. We brought it back to my house where we watched a movie while we ate. After dinner, we snuggled on the couch (really just snuggled this time) watching the movie until about 10:30. We then showered and went to bed for a different kind of snuggling before we fell a sleep around 12:30.

Lori didn’t have to get up until 7:30 to go to work, but we woke up at 6:30 and snuggled before she finally got out of bed about 8:00 and got ready for work. I was awake by then, so there was no going back to sleep for me. I made a pot of coffee, some breakfast and here I am typing this post.

GOOD MORNING Y’ALL! How was your weekend?

19 comments:

barman said...

I hope your son is accepting this and not just deciding there is not much he can do. Just because it could come up again.

Tony I am happy for you two bud.

You know the funny thing you just never know when long enough is. It could be years, or months, or maybe weeks. Everyone is different. Of course the fact that you and Lori are seeing each other does not change the fact that you love your wife very much even if she is no longer with you.

Take care you two snuggle birds.

Angela said...

What a busy weekend. :-) It's about time for everything to go up since all the kiddies are out of school and vacation time is here. I can understand your son's dilemma on you having someone around, but maybe he is realizing that you need companionship like him, and it's not that you are replacing your wonderful wife and her memory it's just that you are still here on earth and still need to live.. I kinda went through that whole thing with my Mom when my dad died. I was 13 yrs old and it was very hard to accept at first, until she sat me down and explained sorta :-). She pretty much said Life goes on. I hope that made since to you and not come off rude or anything. I'm sorry if it did..

BTExpress said...

Well Barman, I'll just have to see how it goes as far as Brian is concerned. Each time Brian sees Lori, he is very polite and respectful, which is a good sign. As long as he continues to treat her that way, I'll be satisfied. The next big test will be 4th of july when Lori and her three kids will be here. But knowing my son as I do, I expect him to behave as the gentlman that he is.

BTExpress said...

Kaliblue - Please, you came across just fine and I appreciate your input. I knew my son would be less than thrilled I was dating, but it's something I needed to do. We talked about it a few times and he told me he didn't like it because he thought it was too soon, but he also told me he understood and was not mad at me for it. So far, he's handling it very well. One of the reasons I say this, is that our personal relationship has not changed at all. I think if it bothered him that much, it would have.

lime said...

glad you all had a great weekend and glad brian has come around. it could be that seeing you guys are committed to each other over a period of time, along with an understanding of the pragmatics has made a difference. whatever helped him to be ready i am glad for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great weekend Tony. And glas you are having a measure of success with your son too. Time, time and more time ... that's all it takes. Have a great week man.
TG

Blondie... said...

Well, my weekend wasn't as good as yours, thats for sure! :-) I'm glad your son is being ok about most of it, he probably realizes that you're not trying to replace his mom...that you're just moving on with life.

((hugs))

Happy Monday T!

Beth said...

I went camping. No, no, no...I took my son and his best friend camping. This should tell you VOLUMES!!!

CozyMama said...

u 2 have so much fun together!! It's great!! I had quite the weekend too, go check out the sites!!!!

Summer said...

Okay, you two do more "snuggling" than anyone I've ever known. I bet you two are so cute around each other. :)

I'm glad your son is finally learning to accept the relationship. That makes it so much easier.

BTExpress said...

Lime - Thanks. I'm not sure why he seems to be accepting our relationship, but I am grateful.

TG - Yes, time was what he needed I suppose.

Blondie - No one will ever replace Barbara. She was very special lady. But Lori is very special too and I love her very much.

Queen of Ass - Camping? I should have figured a Texas gal would be a camper. Even though your post was a tad negative, I'll bet you still had a blast!

Wenchy - I'm glad you enjoy my little stories. As far as snuggling goes, I just love snuggling! Even the kind of snuggling that doesn't include sex. I know that may be hard to belive, me being a horn dog and all, but that's true. Lori tells me I'm the only man she knows that enjoys being close all the time.

Jodes - Thanks. I see you did have a great weekend. What was the trophy for?

Summer - Yeah, we do shuggle a lot, don't we? I was celebate for about four years, and I am making up for it. ;-) Truthfully, Lori and I can't keep our hands off each other. Even if it's just holding hands while walking. We have a reputation along those lines at the karaoke bar we go to on weekends sometimes. We always sit in the back corner at the same table next to each other. We do have a tendancy to kiss a lot and sneak touches when we think no one is looking. The DJ usually says something about us over the mic and a lot of people have bought us, "the old couple in the back", shots.

Libby said...

damn, tony!! i'm married, and don't do even close to the amount of 'snuggling' as you!! of course, maybe the 'married' part is the problem...

Anonymous said...

Tony I knew in time your son would react like that. I was the same way it just took some getting used to. I tell you before it's over he will love her as much as you do:-}

Daniele said...

I don't know your son, so I don't want to say what he is or isn't doing, but I'm around the same age as him, so I figure we might have somewhat similar thoughts on things (although, I don't know this for sure). If it was me, I would probably give in eventually because I would feel guilty for causing my parent inconvience and because I would feel selfish. However, that would not mean I was completely ok with it at all. Sometimes, we have to accept things even if we don't like them, and if I were in this situation, that's probably how I would feel about it. Then again, your son is probably more mature and not as selfish as me. Just some food for thought...be sensitive to him and his feelings because it seems like he's trying to be sensitive to you and your feelings.

CozyMama said...

Twink got 2nd place in a dance competition.

BTExpress said...

Jodes - Thanks. I guess I missed where it said that.

BTExpress said...

Ms Fish - I think your pretty close, maybe exactly correct. He's already told me he he didn't like it, but understood. That was three months ago, so I guess he's just getting used to me having a girl friend. I've taken things as slow as I can because I am sensitive to his feelings. Thanks for giving me your input, I appreciate it.

Tish said...

Brico and I saw "Cars" over the weekend. It was awesome!

So glad things are still going well with you and Lori!

S said...

I was getting all worried when I didnt see Lori in your HNT this week so I had to scroll down to make sure you still have that lovely lady in your life!

And, Your son rocks and you can tell him that for me!

XXX