Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Did you miss me?

My excuse for not posting, and I'll swear to it, is that I've been busy and just haven't had the time. Today the guilt got to me so here's a little something to make up for my negligence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last weekend Lori stayed at my place. Friday she was in bed nursing an infected tooth, but by Saturday morning the meds kicked in and she was feeling better. We did some snuggling and later that day we went shopping. She couldn’t eat anything that required very much chewing, so we bought the stuff so I could make meatloaf, creamed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes.


We also bought fresh local strawberries on Saturday and Lori made freezer jam. I'll tell you how to make it in another post. Let me tell you, that stuff is good and I recommend making it if you have the chance.


Sunday was Father’s Day, so Lori wanted to cook something for me that I’ve had a craving for, liver. What's that you say? You hate liver. Well, Lori and I love it. Especially smothered in onions and gravy over pasta. We also had a salad with blue cheese dressing.



Today Brain and I finished moving all the crap we trimmed off the bushes to the driveway in front of the house.

Right now I'm frigging starving, so I'm going warm up some liver and pasta for dinner. There's still some salad mix left so I think I'll have a salad too. I might also squeeze in a gin and tonic or seven.

11 comments:

barman said...

Yum, gin and tonic! You have been busy, haven't you. Oh and that meatloaf dinner looks great too. I will have to pass on the liver.

Great to see you back after missing, what, one day?

Have a great hump day.

Binsk said...

Make sure you squeeze in a gin and tonic!!!


I don't mind liver, but I don't crave it often...

lime said...

i'm up for all the goodies except the liver. glad you both enjoy it. i can't even bring myself to touch it.

Beth said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Angela said...

Wow it all looked real good and yummy until you got to he Liver.. YUK !!!! My Mom use to make me eat liver & onions. BLAH!! *shivers*. But the Pasta with the salad you had with it sounds really good :-). I think of Liver the way I think of Spam... Totally Narley !!! *giggles*. You're such a sweetie taking care of Lori when she was not feeling well. Such a nurturing(spell?) soul you are.

Have a great day !!

Libby said...

leftover liver?? ya gotta be kiddin'!! i thought you were a man of taste, tony!!

aughra said...

A gin and tonic, or seven?! Hee.

I am so happy that you and Lori are doing well, and that you are such cute foodies. I want the recipe for freezer jam.

BTExpress said...

Barman - Aw come on, at least try the liver. You just may like it.

Binsk - I squeezed in more than one...hehehe

Lime - Touching the liver is the best part

Queen - Aw, finally someone that knows good food

Kaliblue - I'm a good taker carer :-)

Libby - I am, you just don't know what you are missing

Aughra - I'll post the recipe for you

MG said...

I'm with the crowd, no liver for me, but I did enjoy you elbow deep in meat :)

gab said...

Ok I will eat the meat loaf but not liver although hubby loves liver. In fact I just took out the last package from the basement freezer and brought it upstairs to the freezer here for later this week...hum can you share the way you make yours? I'd like to give him more than just liver and onions. Thanks

Blondie... said...

I honestly will eat liver if I must... BUT I don't ever crave it. I had to eat it a lot as children because of anemia. bleh bleh bleh

BUT

The rest does look rather YUMMY!