Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I Need Sympathy

Just before my son Brian's 24th birthday on April 26th, I asked him what he want. He told me he needed a brake job for his car and the belts were squeaking under the hood. He asked me if I would pay for that.

I was in a generous mood and told him yes. I mean come on, I needed a massive brake job once and that cost just under $400, so how much could this cost?

Well, today was the day I found out just how much it would cost. Nothing was even broken, just front rotors and brake pads on all four wheels. Well, there was the inspection, transmission flush, replace the two serpentine belts and a few other "minor" things ***.

Before proceeding, guess how much?

Go ahead guess?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
$899.76, that's what.

I need sympathy or maybe a smack up side the head for agreeing to pay for the service.

:-(



*** Nothing is minor when it comes to automobiles.

10 comments:

Blondie... said...

Oh ouch...

But as a father...

Damn, kids don't ever get "cheap" do they??

I think you need a good snuggle from Lori to help alleviate the pain. ;-) hehehehe

((hugs))

barman said...

Sounds to me like you just did Birthday and Christmas all rolled into one. You know I only had figured maybe $600. I should have known better.

Anonymous said...

Well, look on the bright side ~ at least you raised a smart kid! Still, it does hurt the wallet, doesn't it?

Angela said...

I tell ya when it comes to maintenance/repairs on cars today, ain't none of it reasonable anymore. I do feel for ya. But look at it this way, you did a nice loving thing for you're son, and could he have afforded it?. At least you know he has safe transportation now. :-)

lime said...

oh hell! that's ugly!

Chickie said...

Holy shit, batman. That's crazy!

Libby said...

that is BAD...however...if he was a daughter, you'd be SO much worse off!! daddies never say no to their daughters (which has to piss the sons off to no end!!)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Steep!

CozyMama said...

ouch, dang that hurt.

The Guardian said...

B~~~
Dude...love the friend map! But can't figure out the template to add it to my blog....help me big guy!!

By the way...when ya coming back to Michigan?? We miss you!

Cutie.