Friday, June 16, 2006

Am I weird?

I saw this at Recon’s place. She promised those who tagged themselves something special in their email if they did. So Recon, against my better judgement, because now everyone will know how weird I really am, here’s my weird side.

1. Whenever I take a shower, I must always wash the bottom of both of my feet. I have this feeling if I don’t, something bad will happen to me.

2. I have what’s left of the very first styptic pencil I bought after I was married in 1972. I have this feeling that when it’s all used up I will die, so I haven’t used it for who knows how long. I keep buying new ones when I need to, but will never use the old one. I keep it in the bathroom medicine cabinet in the plastic top to an old can of shaving cream I bought at the same time.

3. I put on my left sock first, then my right. Then I put on my left shoe and last I my right shoe. I’m not phobic about this like the first two things, but I always try to put them on in that order.

4. I put on my pants both legs at a time instead of one leg at a time. The same goes for my underwear. I have to be sitting down to do this, so I there’s no place for me to sit, I put them on one leg at a time like everyone else. I’m not phobic about this one either, but I just like doing it that way.

5. For about the first 25 years after I got out of the army in 1970, I would never sit with my back to the room. Now I will, but I still prefer not to. I think it has something to do with feeling like someone is going to sneak up behind me.

That’s all I can think of that I do, which has a tinge of weird to it. Now how weird are you?

5 comments:

Chickie said...

I always wash the bottoms of my feet too. I don't feel clean unless I do.

Om said...

Hell you are weird as hell!

No just kidding.. I unplug the toaster...Stand the silverwear tong sides up to dry..and put them in the dishwasher that way as well.. tuck everyone in no matter how damn hot it is... Check my kids to make sure they are breathing even though they are 16 years past the crib death syndome..hehe... Now.. who is weird!

Wenchy said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm this got me thinking... btw, I didn't think you were all that weird... oh gosh, what does that say about me?

Anonymous said...

My socks & shoes have to go on the right foot first. You're a freak :P

And I also try not to sit with my back to the room at restaurants, etc.

Hope Lori feels better soon!

Summer said...

Thanks for doing the tag. Check your email. ;)