Monday, April 24, 2006

WARNING! SPACE ANTS CONQUER EARTH!

I think the scouting party for the alien Space Ants have made their reappearance in my bathroom again this year. Every year I battle these pesky buggers to a standoff. It seems like nothing I do keeps them away permanently.

I can understand why they may be in the kitchen, or by the computer where I may have left some crumbs or spilled something, but in the bathroom? WTF are they doing there?

I try everything I can think of each year to keep them away, but it's a loosing battle. This year I need your help to fight off the invasion and save earth from the Space Ants. Do you have any suggestions for things I can try other than getting a pet anteater?

Earth's future depends on you!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

make a line with dish soap where they are coming in.. it burns their feet and they wont cross it.. it'll just make them go somewhere else.. but..

Sis B said...

This stuff is awesome, works great and you could literally eat it and be just fine. It doesn't get rid of them forever, but it kills all the ones that are there. Leave it down for about 3 days, then vacuum it all up. All the bugs should be gone for a month or two at least.

http://www.biconet.com/crawlers/DE.html

grainne said...

Here in Fl, ants are one of the worst pests you can have...I have tried a couple of nonchemicals cures

Boil a kettle of water and pour directly into the mound if you know where it is.

Ants will not cross a chalk line...go to the hardware store and pick up powdered chalk. I thought people were nuts when they told me about it until I drew circles around ants and it confined them. I often put a line of chalk dust around the house in the dry season.

Dryer sheets...they don't seem to like them

I used to have an old farmer for a neighbor...he HATED ants, as soon as he found a couple of mounds, off he would go for a shovel. One large shovelful of dirt and ants deposited into a different mound would spark a War of the Ants and they would kill off the other colony.

Personally, I use amdro on any starter colonies in the yard and sprinkle it around the house and the flower beds. Ants never come inside...thankfully!

BTExpress said...

No Lime, just those little sugar ants.