Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Part 1 - The Michigan Blogger Party – Stop 2 on the 2006 BTExpress Blogger Tour

I flew out of my local airport Friday morning, which is just 10 minutes from my house.






The plane made one stop in Chicago.








The final stop was in Detroit.








I found my way to the bus stop where I caught the Avis bus for the ride to get my rental car, a Chrysler PT Cruiser. I am a member of AARP so got a great discount. Three days for just over $66.00.



The ride to the hotel in Ann Arbor was about 20 miles. I stopped for a sandwich at Quiznos Sub before checking in at the hotel.








I checked in to the hotel about 3:30.









I unpacked and then went to the bathroom. After I was done I flushed the toilet, or tried to flush the toilet. The damn thing was broken. It seems the rubber thing that keeps the water in the tank was broken so the water wouldn’t stay in the tank. I called the front desk and they offered me another room. So I went back to the lobby to get a new room key. While I was there, SignGurl saw me, came over and introduced herself. She said she recognized my white hair right away so knew it was me. I recognized her right away too. I guess we really do look like our pictures. We agreed to meet in the bar after getting cleaned up.


I went back to my room and moved everything down the hall to my new room.





I was the first one in the bar.










SignGurl showed up about 15 minutes later. The bar was crowded so we got a table.






Barman was the next one to arrive. He also looks just like his picture. We talked for a little while and had dinner.










Cutie snuck in while I was in the bathroom.

Then there was Jon....











.... and then Croaker.








Jon we recognized, but nobody had a clue who Croaker was when he came over to the table, because he never shows his face on his blog.

A little while later Roxi and her boyfriend Dan arrived. Everyone recognized Roxi.










We all had drinks, talked about blogging, how we became bloggers and so much more. It was interesting to learn so much more about the people you see on a blog. Roxi had the famous “Os Shirt” so we took turns putting it on and took pictures of us wearing it.



Here are some more shots of our night in the bar.



About 10:00 the waitress got off and the service went to hell. So SignGurl invited us all up to her room for Jello shots. I went with Barman to get the jello shots he made from his car while everyone else went up to SignGurl’s room. When we got back with the cooler of jello shots, we got on the elevator but it wouldn’t work. SignGurl’s room was on the fourth floor so walking up four flights of stairs was out of the question. We were going to try the elevator at the other end of the hall, but we tried it one last time and it worked. Dan was still downstairs so the three of us took the elevator up together. We knocked on SignGurl’s door and gave the correct password, Hottie McHot Hot, so were let in to the room.


The jello shots were being consumed at a rapid pace and the trash can started filling up fast. SignGurl made about 100, 2½ oz shots and Barman made about 270, ¾ oz shots. It has been estimated that we consumed about 300 of the shots; all of SignGurl’s and but about 70 of Barman’s. Now if my math is correct, that means the eight of us consumed 400 oz of jello, or and average of 50 oz each. There were those that didn’t have as many as the rest, and others that consumed a lot more that 50 oz. I won’t say who had what, because as we all agreed, what goes on in Ann Arbor, stays in Ann Arbor. Here are some shots of the jello shot feast.



Around 2-ish, Roxi and I left and the rest stayed until about 3. I went to sleep very soon after getting back to my room and slept until about 11:30. I was in no mood to get up, so I stayed in bed the rest of the day watching TV and napping. I went to dinner about 4:30 and then back to my room until Roxi called me around 8 and we met in the bar for round 2 of the party. Roxi’s friend Kathy came but everyone else went home except Dan. He stayed in the room studying.

Roxi and Kathy had something to eat and was talked and drank until about 11:30 when Roxi and Kathy left. Roxi was pretty hung over from the night before so I’m sure that’s why she left so early. Around 10:00 the Latin music started. It was Latin Night in the bar and it filled up pretty fast. At some point, Roxi and Kathy were kind enough to point out the blond Latin girl with the big boobs and low cut dress at the bar. I always appreciated it when friends look out for each other, don’t you.

After Roxi and Kathy left, I stayed to listen to the music and watched the dancing. I’ve never tried Latin dancing, so I didn’t dance. It looked like a lot of fun so I think I’m going to have to learn how. Besides, the ladies far outnumbered the guys so the guys had their pick of many very hot women. Also the girl with the big boob hit on me and asked me to dance and since I can’t fake Latin dancing as I can regular dancing, I had to say no to her. I stayed until about 1:30 and then went back to my room and got some sleep.

I'll tell you about the rest of my trip tomorrow.

10 comments:

MG said...

omg, this looked like so much fun...

Beth said...

Glad you had such a good time!

barman said...

I suspected that I was istting next to the master. Good for you BTE. I would love to have gotten a picture of you in the PT Cruiser. I think it would have been a good combination.

lecram sinun said...

Cool! That looked like oodles of fun. Can't go wrong with a busty latina! LOL!

lime said...

wow, quite a collection of olks, looks liek great fun. and Os's shirt looked like it had as much fun as anyone else.

SignGurl said...

That's not fair that you have drunk shots of us! I'm wishing I could take back the one of me with Jello in my mouth, lol. What a pretty site!

High five on getting hit on by the Latina. You ARE the man!

SassyLadi said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. Glad you got to meet some of your friends. Enjoy!

CozyMama said...

sounds like a great trip!!! I have a special post today, check itout.

Wenchy said...

Chrysler PT Cruiser is my dream car.

kellywalters said...

bt baby.. you have the best pictures ever.

cant wait till next time hon!