Sunday, April 23, 2006

Happy Anniversary to My Blog!

Today my blog is one year old. A couple of weeks ago, NoOneInParticular reminded me that my one-year Bloggerversary was coming up. She suggested that I might want to make a post about “how many crazy things you have done recently that would never have come about if it weren't for the blog world!” I think she had a great idea.

1. I’ve documented almost everything that has happened to me of any significance, since I started my blog.
Some day I’ll be able to look back at this blog and relive a small part of my life. My descendents will also have the opportunity to know more about me than I ever knew about my family members before me. Now that is cool.

2. My Vietnam stories may never been written.
That’s a big one for me. I always wanted to document that part of my life, but just never got around to doing it.

3. I learned so much more about my time in Vietnam than I ever knew before.
While I was writing my Vietnam stories, I did a lot of research on the Internet and found a lot of information. Many people took a lot photographs they took while they were in Vietnam and posted them on web sites. I even found a story by someone in the same company I was while I was there. He was in a different platoon so I didn’t know him, but he wrote a little about the night I was wounded, which some information I never knew before.

4. I made tons of new friends.
Yes, I think of you guys as my friends.

5. I visited blogger friends.
First I met Aughra and Foxglove in New York City and then I flew to Michigan and partied with the Michigan Bloggers.

6. I’ve shown the world me in all my nakedness.
Uh, Half-Nekkid Thursday. Do I need to say more? Thanks Os!

7. I got a girlfriend.
I told you about this. Tish made a post, I started a MySpace web page, I went out with Arlene, I met Lori and now Lori is my girlfriend and we are in love.

8. My four-year sexless streak ended.
If I hadn't met Lori, who knows how long it would have gone on. Thanks sweetheart?


Can you guys think of anything I left out?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay!
Happy Bloggerversary!!
may I just add, I'm so glad you have a blog (& me too)... otherwise I may have never of known about you, your amazing Vietnam stories, funny HNT's and lil ditties.
Glad to be getting to know you :)
Oh btw, totally unrelated but my ex--- he's a total Feckin doorknob.
Seriously.I don't blog much about him because I prefer not too. It just puts my focus on him which is a waste of my time but.. for another funny story go to Novembers archives and read "Darwin Award"

SignGurl said...

You left out the part about having pictures of my boobs! THAT never would have happened. Ok, maybe it would have.

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, & getting to see all of our HNT's! haha

Great job with the Blogversary post, Tony. Glad I could help inspire :)

MamaKBear said...

Happy Belated Bloggiversary!!! Sorry I missed it, I was gone for the weekend.

Congrats!