Saturday, February 18, 2006

I set a new record last night...

... for staying out late. I went out to Kenny's Pub again last night. I saw some people we knew from boating that I haven't seen in a long time. It was good to see them. There was live music, like usual on Friday and Saturday nights, and the band was very good. I hung out with my friends, danced a little and stayed until the bar closed talking to the owners, cook and bartenders. The bar usually closes at 2:00, but some people just didn't want to leave so Kenny closed the bar at 4:00. By then Kenny was hungry, so he cooked up some BBQ ribs and sauteed scallops for a late night snack so I stayed for an early breakfast. By the time I got home, it was 6:00 am.

Getting home at 6:00 am isn't an life-time record for me, but it's been many, many years since I've stayed out that late.

I'm going back to Kenny's tonight and again tomorrow evening. They don't usually have much going on Sundays, but this Sunday they are have party to raise money for the family of a friend of there’s, whose husband recently passed away from a heart attack.

Pray for me that I survive this weekend.

PS
I forgot to tell you, I didn't get up today until 4:30 this afternoon.


Edit: Sunday, 11:25 am
I was much better last night. I left Kenny's Pub early and got home at a decent hour, about 2:30 am. Tonight it's back to Kenny's at about 6:00 pm for a fund raiser featuring Randy Jackson of the band Zebra.


Edit: Monday, 12:17 pm
Good, news. I survived the weekend. I got home even earlier at 2:00 am. I met a couple of friends I worked with last night and enjoyed talking to them. Randy Jackson was fabulous and the place was packed. They had a very large buffet and the $10 to get in was well worth the price. They raffled off about 2 dozen baskets of anything from wine and liquor to bath & body lotions, an autographed electric guitar, DVD player and a wheel barrow of assorted
champagne, wines and liquors.

9 comments:

lecram sinun said...

Livin it up there, Tony! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

My gosh. You are doing a whole lot better than me. I was in bed by 10pm last night!

*shakes head*

I'm so old!

Robin said...

I cannot remember the last time I stayed out all night -- but as soon as gimpy gets to walking again, I think I might have to give it a try.

By the way, socks all the way, definitely ;)

Summer said...

6:00am? Wow!!

The only thing that would have made that night/morning better would have been if you had ended it at Waffle House...where all partyers go to sober up.

Wenchy said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh you daring young thing you!

Libby said...

huh...i usually fall asleep by midnite even on new year's eve!

MamaKBear said...

LOL Alright! Sounds like retirement is suiting you nicely! :)

Wenchy said...

So glad you are still with us on Monday. LOL

Love you !!!

CozyMama said...

live it up!!