Monday, October 08, 2007

I nearly had a heart attack!

I wake up this morning, check my email, start restoring Lori's laptop then check my investment account to see how it's doing. WHEN PANIC SET IN! It seems that 65% of my investments disappeared. I know it all was there last Thursday! WTF!!!!!!!!

That money is what I retired on and I sure the heck DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT want to have to go back to work! I'm too used to bumming around all day and doing pretty much nothing.

So I tell myself, "Self, don't panic. I'm sure there MUST be BETTER BE! a logical explanation, right? So I send off an email to my financial adviser Steve. Then left for the store. I was out of gin and that just will not do!

Subject: Somethings Not Right!
Steve,
I just checked my accounts on line and there seems to about $XXX not showing. What's up?
Tony

When I got home about 1/2 hour later, I checked my email and he replied.

Tony,
We started the new advisory account on Friday which is not yet linked to your other accounts. I will have that linked Monday. It may not take effect though until Wednesday.

To review we left the securities that were not permitted in Advisory in your old IRA account, which is approx $XXX. The other $XXX is in the new Advisory account.
Steve

Oh yea! Now I remember! Last week he told me some rules had changed and he had to open another IRA for me, so he move the money. My on line accounts just weren't linked to it yet.

Silly me!

I knew there must be better be a logical explanation.

FYI, my potential heart attack didn't happen and I don't have to go back to work and I can still be a bum.

5 comments:

gab said...

Lucky you that you found your money just think if you couldnt buy any more Gin!!!

Sexy Duet said...

I'm glad you can still be a bum - you have such a cute one ;)

Ms SD

lime said...

phew!!!

Sarah said...

see.. no heart attack.. kick back and relax again..

now that you still have time..

you have been tagged..

do it.

Monogram Queen said...

Yay for being a bum! YA HAD ME SCARED FOR A MINUTE THERE