Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Drinkology Lesson # 42

Last weekend I cooked things Lori requested for dinner. I made salmon on Friday, Inside Out Cheese burgers on Saturday and catfish on Sunday. I'd never made any of these before, but I've become quite the cook, so am not afraid to try anything. I'm not afraid to anything in "other" areas either, if you get my drift. ;-)

I was going to give you a cooking lesson for the catfish recipe I prepared, but I decided I'd start by giving you the recipe for the critical first step when I prepare any dinner. That making one of BTExpress' World Famous Gin and Tonics. Okay, maybe it's not world famous YET, but Lori and I like it.

If you don't want one of BTExpress' World Famous Gin and Tonics screw you then!, feel free to modify the recipe, but like I've said before screw you!, don't blame me if the dinner doesn't come out right.

1. Fill a large glass with ice. Don't fill it all the way because you need to leave a lot of room for the gin.














2. Select a bottle of your favorite gin. Mine is Burnett's Distilled London Dry Gin.

"spice, clove, honey, lemon top note"
"pine needle, maple, anise on finish"
"straight up with lemon twist or with tonic"
"full bodied, good texture, long smooth finish with anise"
Sante
The Magazine for Restaurant Professionals
June 2002

Now you see why I prefer Burnett's!





3. Gently pour the gin to the level you can handle depending on how much practice drinking you've had. Pour slowly as not to bruise it.
















4. Select your favorite tonic. My choice is Schweppes Tonic. Schweppes Diet tonic to be precise. It has that "certain fizz" according to Schweppes International.

You save 90 calories a glass if you use Schweppes Diet Tonic verses regular Schweppes Tonic and when your pounding them down, that is a lot of calories!








5. Gently, ever so gently, start pouring the tonic over the ice for precisely 3.2 second THEN STOP! The tonic bubbles profusely when it hits fresh ice and you don't want the glass to over flow, now do you?

When the excess release of carbon dioxide ceases, continue pouring the tonic to approximately 3/16 of an inch from the top of the glass.

More like 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch if you've had a few already.




6. Now you MUST top it off with some lime juice and not just any lime juice either. Use Finest Call Premium Lime Juice. You may use Rose's Lime Juice or the juice of real limes if you prefer, but I prefer to use Finest Call Premium Lime Juice, because cutting and squeezing real limes just slow me down when I'm thirsty.








7. Now, gently, ever so gently pour the Finest Call Premium Lime Juice to taste.

If you like a lot of lime taste, pour heavily, if not, then just a smidgen.














8. Now for a toast to my sexy photographer, Lori.

















9. Finally time for a sip!















MAN, THAT HITS THE SPOT!

Now you go make a bunch BTExpress' World Famous Gin and Tonics, get wasted, get laid if you can find anyone to screw a drunk and then let me know how they taste.

If you are a chick and have any trouble making one, let me know, I make house calls. ;-)

PS
The details on what I cooked last weekend will follow soon.

12 comments:

Jes said...

Mmmm...gin and tonics. I love them!! And what is an inside out cheeseburger??

lime said...

i offer premium lime juice, the finest fresh mediterranean lime juice around, with hints of the caribbean....bwahahahaha. bottoms up!

mrs. m said...

Mmmmm... G&T... your recipe sounds great!

Monogram Queen said...

That sounds really really good, i'll have one - heavy on the lime juice please!
I'm curious about the i/o cheeseburger too!

BTExpress said...

Jes - Just what it sounds like. I'll tell you how to make them when I cover all of the food I made last weekend.

Lime - I'm sure you do! Where do I squeeze to get some. ;-)

Fabulous - Nice to hear your still kicking. :-)

Patty Cake - If you like a lot of lime juice, may I suggest a gimlet. Gin or vodka, your choice.

Shumpy said...

you know I am a Bacardi & Coke guy but the same steps apply. Thanks for the step by step pictoral lesson!

lime said...

several spots come to mind, just be gentle. i am a tender lime. ;)

BTExpress said...

Oh, I will, I promise. Lori doesn't call me Magic Fingers for nothing.

Do you deliver?

;-)

TUG said...

Would that work the same if I used vodka instead of gin? I prefer vodka tonics.

nope said...

Thirsty,... oh so thirsty now... lol

I do enjoy a little Tanqueray and tonic once in awhile...but it doesn't usually enjoy me...lol. Personally, I like a little Captain in me... ;) LMAO

Cosima said...

Mmmm... that's my favorite drink, gin and tonic with a little lime juice. I use the gin in the blue bottle... but would love to try your brand. Let's see if they sell it here...

gusgreeper said...

HA you know what is awesome or i don't not awesome but i just noticed it... we have the same pill holder!!!