Saturday, July 28, 2007

BREAKING NEWS STORY

BTExpress has finally found a contractor to remodel his bathrooms!

I started the remodeling of the inside of my house last January. First the contractor replaced the interior doors and then he was supposed to do the bathrooms next, but he disappeared before he started the job. We finalized the design, so I ordered everything we needed except the tile, sink and vanity for the master bath. I gave him the design drawing and he was supposed to tell me how many square feet of tile I needed to order. That's where it ended. I never heard from him again. That was the end of April. The materials have been sitting in my living room since then.

I tried to find another contractor, but either they wanted too much money, or wouldn't do the job because I bought the materials and they wanted to do that. I'm guessing that way they can make a profit on the materials too. Today I interviewed a contractor and booked him to start in 8 days. He'll do the half bath off the kitchen first and then to the master bath. My son and I will be very happy to finally get the those boxes out of my living room.

Here's a video tour of the materials in my living room and the before of my bathrooms.

7 comments:

lime said...

yippeee!!!

Tommy said...

WOO HOO! **doing the 'happy dance' for ya, Tony!
TG

Sandi said...

That's great tony.. so glad that things are going to move along now!

p.s. do not let them go in "my" basement:)

Beth said...

Woot! Glad you're finally get it done!

SignGurl said...

I would be so frustrated by now. I know you are.

I was wondering what you would be grabbing in that new shower. The 4' grab bar. Yeah, sure.

Monogram Queen said...

I am so happy you will get this resolved. I can't imagine the contractor just absconding his responsiblities like that. Maybe he died???

Crabby said...

OH man. We went through the whole contractor thing a couple years ago. House remodeling is hugely stressful and fun at the same time. We do expect pics during this process you know.