Friday, May 18, 2007

NEWS FLASH! We Were on TV Today

Remember when I told you Lori and I saw a taping of the Rachael Ray show?

No? Then you read the story here.

This morning I was rudely awakened by a phone call at the ungodly hour of 8:45 AM! Everyone knows not to call me before 11:00 AT THE EARLIEST! It all worked out for the best though. I got to watch the "Charmed Ones" and their boobage for the next 70 minutes and then the Rachael Ray Show.

Rachael's show started and I knew it looked familiar, it was the show Lori and I saw at the end of March. I quickly jumped out of bed to get an old VCR tape to record the show. That wasn't as simple as that seems, because I haven't used the VCR in years. I managed to locate a blank tape and loaded it into the VCR in the living room. Pressed record and away it went.

I retired back to my warm, cozy bed to watch the show, looking to see if one of the cameras got a shot of us. If you remember, we didn't get a seat in the audience. They put us up in the balcony with the director and sound guy.

Forty-four minutes into the show and just before they broke for a commercial, I saw our group! For all of about one second. I can't be sure, because we flashed by so quickly, but it looked like it caught everyone but me. I was blocked by a light hanging from the rafters. I decided to check the tape after the show was over to see if I was on TV or I really was blocked by the light.

I rewound the tape, pressed play and saw nothing but a black screen. HOLY CRAP! I screwed it up and had the VCR recording the wrong input. Not to be out smarted by a VCR, I decided to give it another try at 3:00 this afternoon when the show replays on a different channel.

I programmed the VCR correctly THIS TIME and set it to record the show automatically from 3 to 4. I tried a practice record just to be sure I get a copy of the show this time and it worked.

So, if you have a chance, check out the Rachael Ray show this afternoon about 44 minutes into the show and you will catch a fleeting glimpse of us up in the balcony, Lori anyway. But don't blink or you'll miss us.

5 comments:

Libby said...

woohoo! you guys are tv stars! gawd...now you'll have to travel with an entourage and everything! what a PIA that's all gonna be, tony!!

Anonymous said...

It's awesome that you were on tv!

Btw, I have new digs. Stop by and see me sometime. :)

Anonymous said...

Only 14 minutes and 59 seconds of fame left! LOL

Tara Tainton said...

Cool! And I think I'd have just as hard of a time recording something off the t.v. these days... in fact, don't even have a VCR around at all. :( Ah, those were the days... now, I can't record a thing 'cause I haven't invested in Tivo! ;)

Wish I'd caught the show!

xoxo
Tara

Monogram Queen said...

How cool! and to think I can now say "I knew them when" *wink*