Thursday, May 24, 2007

Getting Back in Shape - Part 2

When for another walk today. The program the VA gives me has me walking every other day in the beginning and then progress from there. Today I walked for about 40 minutes through the park and marina down by the bay and back home through the neighborhood for a total of 1 1/2 miles. I live on the south shore of Long Island and try to take advantage of living near the water as much as possible.

The day was a beautiful day, sunny and in the mid-70s. The temperature the next few days is supposed to climb in to the 80s, so I'm not sure if I'll do much walking. There will be an ozone alert and stressing my unfit body this early in the program isn't smart.



PS
If you missed my HNT post, check it out below.

5 comments:

SIMPLY ME said...

I miss your shape, see you tomorrow sexy!

Tara Tainton said...

Perfect weather for a walk! I love walking... and I'm partnered with someone who can't walk for any length of time due to a years-old surgery. :( Sounds like the perfect way to get in shape, enjoy the outdoors, and get some thinking time to yourself to just smile about how wonderful your life is! :) And don't get into too much trouble taking that sexy fox, Lori, along with you on your walks! Don't make me say "I told you so!" after getting arrested for public indecency!!! :)

xoxo
tara

Libby said...

have fun on your walk! when you get home, pig out! you'll need to keep your strength up!

Monogram Queen said...

Stick with it Tony i'm trying to get myself motivated to walk now what I live in an actual neighborhood with sidewalks!

Angela said...

Tony,
I just wanted to come and say Thank you again for serving our country. I wanted to make sure I let you know I haven't forgotten. Have a wonderful Memorial Weekend!
Thank you and hugs!