Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Os' Birthday Weekend Day 1 - Part 4

MAN, THE PARTY AT SHUMPY'S WAS THE BEST PARTY I'VE EVER BEEN TO! HANDS DOWN, THE BEST EVER!!!!!!

Everyone I met in Dallas was so nice and friendly and more fun than a barrel of drunken monkeys. Thank you everyone for making this a party I will never forget!

Note: if you want read what brings us to this point, check out the first three posts here and here and here. I promise, you won't regret it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Around 2:30 AM, people started to leave Shumpy's a little at a time, couple by couple, some even sneaked out with saying good bye. :-(

Bragging Note: I have to pause here and let everyone know, that Lori and I were not the first to leave. Even though we were the oldest ones there, me a young 58 and her a younger 52, we stayed to the very end and would have hung around longer if the kids's hadn't pooped out! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soon there were just a few of us were left, so the clean up began. Lori helped a lot and even washed the dishes. I didn't do shit I know Shumpy really appreciated the place being cleaned up and not left to him to do.

I set my GPS for the hotel and slowly drove off wishing that this night had never ended. Lori soon feel asleep, but that was okay, she was worn out from all the drinking and the CENSORED and the CENSORED. I can't forget the CENSORED. Who's kidding who? I'll never for get that!

We got back to the hotel about 4:00 AM and went up to the room to get some much needed rest.

Then guess what happened? Go ahead and guess..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No, there wasn't anyone lying on the bed. Guess again. I'll wait.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yep, you guessed it. The fucking room keys didn't work! It was 4 a-mother-fucking o'clock in the morning and we were locked out of the fucking room!

We went back down stairs to the lobby to see if we could find anyone from the hotel. The front desk was closed with a sliding screen. I got on the phone and dialed 'O'. We could hear the phone ringing unanswered behind the screen.

Now what do we do? Sleep in the hall? I suppose if we really got stuck, Tara or Os would have let us crash in their room for the night, but that wasn't necessary as someone from the hotel came in from the parking lot. My guess is that either he was sleeping in his car or doing the nasty with some one.

He opened the office and checked to verify who we were and what room we were in. I told him room 224. He checked the records, but told us that we were in the wrong room. We were assigned to room 218.

Now it all made sense! We were given the wrong room when we checked in. The desk clerk gave us room 216 instead of 218! No wonder there was a guy laying on the bed when we walked in to 216! What a bunch of assholes!

The guy reprogrammed our key cards for 224 and fixed the records. We went back up the room and this time the keys cards worked. I opened the door and Lori rushed in. She stripped off her clothes and was in bed before I finished peeing. Guess she really was beat from all the drinking and the CENSORED and the CENSORED. I can't forget the CENSORED.

Lori was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. I got undressed and joined her and was soon fast asleep myself. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................................

7 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Glad y'all had such a good time and boo hiss on the room key fiasco.

jillie said...

Then if they gave you the wrong key, how did you get it open in the first place? You know when you got the so called right room. Well, anyway, you both got some rest.

I think I would have fallen asleep on the floor. Or is that passed out?

BTExpress said...

Jillie - My guess is that the room clerk gave me the keys for room 218, but wrote 216 down and told me 216. Then when the key didn't work the first I have no idea why the key didn't work the second night, because it worked earlier in the day.

Blonde said...

I am so sad I missed all of the TX fun :(.

Glad to see that you and Lori had a blast!

SIMPLY ME said...

I'll never forget the censored and the censored either! What a weekend, YEEEHAW!

No One In Particular said...

I know what happened, even though I had to leave early heehee!!

Tara Tainton said...

Holy cow! I didn't know your room dilemmas lasted that long! I'm so glad you weren't deterred from joining us again Sat. and Sun. nights. :)