Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Os Birthday Weekend Day 1 - Part 1

Dallas was a ball and I survived! Everyone we met was so nice and so much fun. I have to say, I had more fun than I've had in years. But, there were also a few things that weren't so much fun.

Lori and I flew into Dallas Friday and eventually arrived at the hotel at about 5:00.




Thank goodness I had my GPS or I would still be wandering around searching for the hotel. I've never had so much trouble finding my way around any place I've ever been. Here's some of the roads what we tried to navigate.




We checked in at the hotel and were given the key cards for room 216. We took the elevator up to the room and I tried the card in the lock, but it doesn't work. This was not a good sign.









Lori waited by the room and I went back down to the front desk. I explain that the cards didn't work to the desk clerk, so he reprogrammed them. I took the elevator back up to the room and this time the door unlocked. I opened the door and started to walk in the room when I stopped dead in my tracks at the sight of a man laying on the bed watching TV. WTF!!!!???? He jumped off the bed obviously shocked at seeing Lori and I standing in the doorway. I explained I was assigned to this room and apologized for intruding.

While walking back to the elevator, Lori commented that too bad it wasn't a naked chick lying on the bed or people having sex.

We got back in the elevator and went back downstairs to the front desk and told the desk clerk what happened. He checked the computer and told us no one was supposed to be in the room and that no one has been in that room for days.

He then assigned us room 224. Fortunately, this time the key cards worked and no one was in the room.












I have so much more to tell you about our trip, but it will have to wait until I get caught up on some stuff.

15 comments:

No One In Particular said...

Glad to hear you made it home alright. Hub was about to make me call & check on ya'll - he was worried!

jillie said...

Oh man...good thing he wasn't naked. He wasn't was he??

I can't WAIT to see the pics. Did Lori tell you we're going to the Hampton's I think in Aug.

BTExpress said...

No One - When we got to the airport there were complications due to the storm in the Northeast on Sunday. Tell Hub I appreciate his concern.

Jillie - Sorry to disappoint you, but no, he wasn't naked. Lori was pretty disappointed too. Me? I was disappointed it wasn't a naked chick! How hot would that have been? ;-)

Yes, Lori told me your coming, I can't wait!

Tara Tainton said...

I still love hearing this story... it's hilarious! And I can't wait to get caught up with you and Lori when I'm back in town (my own town), gotta head off to Hollywood for some biz and will be back to share all my own photos with everyone!

xoxo
(+ many more for you two!)
Tara

barman said...

Wow how exciting but how strange with the room. You know, maybe you should have just kept trying rooms. Sooner or later you are bound to find that nekked chick.

Glad you had a great time and happy you two are back. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Trojan said...

So glad you had a good time...was the weather bad on Friday? Austin had insane winds!!!!

Bummed I missed you this time around but hopefully I'll meet you both in Nov during the Komen 3 Day walk:)

Monogram Queen said...

Glad you had a good time. I would have shit a gold brick at the man in the room. Creepy! Can't wait for more!

Avery's mom said...

wow! maybe he's the bed tester guy making sure you get top notch quality on your stay away from home.

it was so much fun getting to meet you and lori! thanks for putting up with the babies at dinner. we all had a fantastic time. i love meeting new friends and hope we can make more plans in the future.

SignGurl said...

I saw a picture of you! Thanks to Os, for thinking about me during your meet up.

jillie said...

Hey I want pictures dammit!

LOL....

Happy Hump Day Tony

No One In Particular said...

Oh Barman, he doesn't need any encouragement - quit giving him ideas! haha

BTExpress said...

Tara - Looking forward to our trip to Las Vegas and hooking back up with you two.

Barman - We saw more naked chicks on this trip than I've ever seen in one place before. Stay tuned for the rest of the story. ;-)

Trojan - Sorry you couldn't make the trip north. I would have liked meeting you.

Jillie - Okay, okay, I added pictures especially for you.

No One - LOL, your right. I found the naked chicks, lots of them. LOL

Angela said...

WOW!!!! Pretty wild & adventerous so far. Can't wait to read the rest :-).

Tish said...

*LOL* Maybe the man in the room was a ghost. hehehe...

Stealth said...

I had a great time meeting you two! You guys were great! :-)