Friday, September 26, 2008

I HATE THIS SHIT!

I have vertigo again for the fourth time! Specifically benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. Last night I rolled over and the room violently spinning around me. At least that's what it feels like. The feeling last anywhere from 5-20 seconds. I've had a lot of experience with the vertigo, so know what I can and cannot do. It only happens while I'm turning my head when it is facing the ceiling, so I roll over on my stomach because it doesn't happen then. It doesn't happen when I'm standing or sitting. I just have to be careful and not make sharp, sudden movements with my head. Each time I've had it before I went to the doctor and he gave me a prescription which didn't do shit. So this time I'm just going to wait it out.

8 comments:

Anne Marie said...

OOHHH poor Tony!!! I am glad Lori is on her way to take care of you!! If you need anything you know where to find me!!! Love ya!!! Hugs and kisses nice and gentle that is!!! Give one to Lori for me too!!!!!!!!!!

SIMPLY ME said...

I'll take care of you sweetums as you always take care of me.

oooh, Annemarie, thanks, wink wink!

Lurker said...

I'm so sorry, Tony...but I know you're in good hands with Lori. I hope you get all better really really really soon! Hugs

Barbara said...

ahh shit...that is a horrible thing to get.:( I hope you feel better soon!

jani said...

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (cupulolithiasis) Look this up on the internet and see if your symptoms are the same as mine. A few exercises and it goes away! Good luck!

Monogram Queen said...

Oh man i've been there and it is not FUN. My sympathies! Take good care of him Lori!

Monogram Queen said...

Oh man i've been there and it is not FUN. My sympathies! Take good care of him Lori!

bookbinder said...

Jani - Yes, it's the same thing.