Friday, September 07, 2007

It's Back!

My vertigo that is. I hate fucking vertigo! Last night I was at Lori's for dinner. After dinner I was sitting on the couch watching TV when Lori's son Adam asked me to reading a few mails about job offers her received. So I got up and walked the 15 feet into his room and fell to my right crashing into the end table next to the chair he sits in. I knew immediately what happened, because it's happened 3 or 4 times before.

I sat for 30 seconds or so and then got up off the floor and sat on his bed. The balance problem had disappeared. Adam's computer is next to his bed, so I read the emails he wanted me to read. One said he could "Earn $40.00 per hour working from home!" and wanted his bank account information. I told him that it was a Nigerian spammer just trying to get money from him. The next email said that they wanted him to cash checks for them and send them the money after he takes his commission. Yes, another Nigerian spammer. I explained who they were and what they were after. I told him if he ever gets an email that sounds too good to be true, then it is too good to be true. Nobody will offer him $40.00 an hour for sitting on his ass at home. His reply was, "I wasn't sure so that's why I asked you about them." Obviously I will have to have further discussions with Lori's three kids about spammers.

Oh yea! Here's a close up of the cut on my arm.



I hope you weren't eating. ;-)

6 comments:

gab said...

EW EW EW does it hurt?

Anonymous said...

You could probably have had some stiches in that. Also if I were you I would pay a visit to the MD to check out this "vertigo" thing. Better safe than sorry, don't want that happening when you are driving or "snuggling" for that matter!! Good Luck!!

jillie said...

You need to be careful! Oh man, I've only had the vertigo really bad once and it was the worse thing. I think it was more sun stroke than anything else.

I think you need a nurse "STAT"

TUG said...

My Other's grandfather just had to get some tubes in his ears because of constant fluid and also some meds that he takes when he feels an onset of his vertigo. Go see the doc, better safe than sorry.

Chelle said...

ouchie!! that musta hurt!

you better get that vertigo thing checked out!!

Monogram Queen said...

Ack sorry about the vertigo. I have inner-ear balance problems and they are terrible.
Yeah he needs to be careful of that. I would never give out my bank info but it's sometimes surprising who will.