Sunday, September 09, 2007

I would like some recipe suggestions please.

I went shopping today for a few things I needed. While I was out, I stopped for a delicious lunch of a slice of pizza with mushrooms and a small diet Pepsi. My favorite is pepperoni on my pizza, but I need to get my figure back for our trip to Las Vegas in November. We’ll be visiting our friends Tara and her beau.

Anyway, then I stopped at Home Depot to exchange an outside light. I bought two last week. One of them had been previously opened and carefully resealed to hid that fact. There were parts missing and it was damaged and useless to me.

Anyway #2, after that, I stopped at Costco just for the hell of it. Nothing else to do really. Lori’s at her brother’s place this weekend and I’m all alone.  I miss her when she's not around. :-(



Love that song. It’s always been a favorite of mine.

Anyway #3, I wandered around Costco picking up things that struck my fancy. Let’s see, I bought some detergent for the clothes and fabric softener. You know, the one that goes in the dryer. That’s a hell of a lot easy than using the liquid softener, don’t you think?

There I go again, sorry.

Anyway #4, I also pickup a couple of pounds of frozen uncooked shrimp. Lori and I lovvvvveeeee shrimp. I also got 4 cans of lump crab meat. I have no idea what I’m going to do with it, but I bought it anyway.

I bought a 4-pack of spotlights for the driveway. They burned out. Don’t worry, I bought the florescent ones. “They have 120 watts of light while using just 23 watts of power!” GO GREEN!!!!!

Aw hell! Here’s the recipe. You can read about the rest of the stuff I bought if your interested that much.


After that, I went to Pathmark to do some food shopping. I’m out of diet tonic and that just won’t do! I usually go to Stop & Shop, but they don’t sell fresh seafood anymore. BOOOOOOOOOOOO, for that!!!!!!!!!

I wandered the aisles like I usually do, picking up things that interest me as I go. I almost never shop with a list, so that’s normal for me. To make a long story short, LOL, me? make a story short? That'll be the day! here’s what I bought there if you're interested.


I went home after Pathmark.

I put away everything, well almost. I left out the crab meat, canned fruit and canned tuna. It was time for Happy Hour by then and well, you know me, that takes precedent.

I looked back through my email recipe archive, while indulging in my gin & tonic, to see if I found a recipe I wanted to cook for dinner and came up with Cheesy Tuna Skillet.

If you'd like the recipe, click the link above. That shit was GOOD! I substituted low fat soup, mixed veggies and whole grain pasta. Much better for me.

Remember that trip to Vegas to see the lovely Tara?

Dinner was yummy and so easy to make. Try it you’ll like it! I have a lot of left over, so if you want to try some, come on over!

Geeze! I keep getting side tracked from the point of this post!!!!!!

Anyway # must-13-by now, I’d like to know if anyone has a recipe that uses lump crab meat. I really like crab meat, so am looking forward to eating some.

I have a lot of inventory of cooking supplies in the house, so ingredients aren’t a problem. I only ask that the recipe not be fried, low fat and low sodium if possible. Thank you in advance for your help.

Here’s my food inventory if it helps.



I have plenty of spices too.



I did buy a few fresh produce; tomatoes, green peppers and mushrooms.



And for snack, I have 94% fat free popcorn and Movie Theater Butter flavored if your not worried about your weight.

The high-in-fat-Movie-Theater-Butter-flavored popcorn isn't for me. My son Brian eats it. He doesn't have a too-short-for-his-weight problem, YET. Yet, I say because I was a skinny-as-a-bean-pole kid growing up. Then I got old and the waist line started to grow and has been growing ever since.

Well, there was that time I was on Weight Watchers and loss 50 pounds.

But that's another story.

11 comments:

Sexy Duet said...

This receipe for Seafood Jambalaya uses tinned crabmeat and its low in sodium and fat. It is really quick to prepare too.

http://www.meals.com/Recipes/RecipeDetails.aspx?RecipeID=10831

Anonymous said...

We had something similar to this when we were in Vegas and ate at Emeril's at MGM:

Crab and Avocado Salad:
2 oranges, juiced
1 lime, juiced
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
1 pound jumbo lump or lump crabmeat, flaked
3 avocados, peeled, coarsely chopped

Whisk the orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and white pepper. Fold in the crab meat and avocados. Adjust seasonings. Cover and chill.

OH...and we have those same containers that I saw in your fridge the ones with the blue lids that come with a lazy susan.

tkkerouac said...

That is the most well stocked fridge and pantry I have ever seen, man, you are a champion shopper.

can hardly wait for you guys to get to Vegas so I can see all your photos.

SignGurl said...

Haha! That post was all over the place, but not. You write just like you talk. That's very cool!

BTExpress said...

Sexy Duet - I checked out the recipe and it looks good. I will definitely try it. I may change up some of the spices like the commenter suggested, but will let you know how it comes out. Thanks!

Anonymous - First, let me thank you for the recipe. I love salad and this one sounds excellent. Second, please let me know who you are, k? Even if it's in an email. I like to know who's commenting.

PS
Lori got the containers as a gift. I really like them and the way they save space.

TKKerouac - I never use a list when I go shopping, that's why I have so many duplicates. But I have to say one thing, if I need something for a recipe, 99% chance I have it somewhere in my house. LOL

BTExpress said...

Signgurl - Ya, I know. LOL Thanks.

David said...

Don't people go to Las Vegas to get hitched? Hmmm.....

BTExpress said...

Sheets - WTF you talking about Willis? I'm going for the sinning.

gab said...

Your kitchen is better stocked than mine. Im coming there to cook

Monogram Queen said...

Wow you have a great food inventory and you always seem to cook the yummiest things! I love seafood and crab meat Mmm.... I need to get inspired and cook more.

Anonymous said...

libra_90@hotmail.com