Monday, March 19, 2007

I Hope Y'all Had a Good St. Patrick's Day/Weekend

I did, can you tell?


Saturday night we went to the local VFW hall for their annual St. Patrick’s Day corn beef and cabbage dinner. Along with the food, they had an open bar and DJ. We had a great time. A few weeks ago, Margaret, one of Barbara’s caregivers, called me and invited Lori and I out for dinner at the VFW hall. We became very close to Margaret while she was taking car of Barbara and have kept in touch ever since.


Margaret’s boyfriend Andy, is a member of the local VFW so when we got there, he made his pitch to get me to join. Lori and Margaret chatted and got to know each other while Andy showed me around. First stop was the bar for a drink.

He introduced me to a lot of the members and told me a lot about the VFW and the things they do in the community. Then he took me downstairs to the clubhouse and bar. They have a fully stocked bar (drinks are $2 Friday nights), a pool table and a juke box. Just my kind of place. Really a nice place to hang out and party.

Several members invited me to come to the next meeting and see if I would like to join. I think what clinched it, was when I showed one of the guys the picture I took of him taking a picture of his wife's ass. He told Andy that I'd fit right in.

Here's some more picture we took.



We ate good this weekend too! Other than the corned beef and cabbage feast we had Saturday night, Friday I made a big pot of chipotle soup that we had with sandwiches, Saturday morning I made cinnamon buns for breakfast, Sunday morning we had the leftover cinnamon buns for breakfast and Sunday evening for dinner I made Rachael Ray’s ‘Chili-Cheese Dogs in Beach Blankets’ with baked beans and potato chips.

The best part about the weekend was that Lori’s ass was feeling a lot better after her hemerroidectomy, so we managed to get caught up on some much needed snuggling.

12 comments:

SignGurl said...

I'm amazed that you don't already belong to the VFW.

Looks like you had a great time!

jillie said...

Those places are the funnest places to go to! Everyone is so "real" and down to earth. You will MOST definitely fit in. I can't imagine you not...

Sounds like you and Lori had a *gas* with all of that food...LMAO!

Glad her ass is healing nicely....woohooo!!

lime said...

sounds like lots of fun, and the cooking afterwards.....dayum....can i come eat at your place??

GAB said...

Sounds like you had loads of fun. Happy st patty's day late!

BTExpress said...

Signgurl - I belong to the DAV instead

Jillie - Gas? At $2.78 a gallon, we could use all the gas we can get around here. LOL

Blonde - I'm sure I am going to join. Just seem a bunch of fellow horn dogs to me.

Lime - Honey, you are welcome anytime you want to come. I'll cook for you anytime.

Gab - We did and thanks.

CozyMama said...

fun!!!! chipotle soup??? tell me more!!

Monogram Queen said...

Sounds like just the place for y'all to join Tony!
Seriously that's one thing I miss about the North is the social organizations and the fire halls etc. It's just not the same down South. I can't quite explain it, but it's just not as homey.

Glad Lori was feeling better, she looks great in her green as do you!

twink said...

Looks like a great time. Awesome pics; you and Lori look like you are having a blast..fun, fun, fun!!

Angela said...

WOW Tony, Looks like ya'll had a wonderful St. Pattie's Day:-). Good food, good friends. good woman what more could ya ask for :-).

BTExpress said...

Jodes - The only left is the snuggling. What do you want to know? ;-)

Kaliblue - Only one more thing I could think of. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Nice hat! Glad you had a good weekend :)

Happy HNT!

Tish said...

Looks like a fun time! :)