- Coat fresh tuna, about 1/2 pound per person, with a good rub recipe. Let it sit in the refrigerator a while so the tune absorbs the flavoring. We used "Father's Lime Pepper" seasoning.
- Slice a bunch of fresh vegetables. Use what ever you like. You can see what we used in the picture. Cook up some of those small red potatoes too, they go great with this.
- Put the vegetables and potatoes in a plastic bag or container and pour on some salad dressing of choice. We used a vinaigrette, but I think a balsamic would go good too. Not too much dressing as you don't want to over power the vegetables or tuna. Let that sit in the refrigerator a while too, several hours at least.
- When your ready eat, grill, broil or bake the tuna. Grill the tuna or about 4 minutes a side or until it starts to flake. Or broil it for about for about 3 minute a side. Or baked it for 25 minutes at 400 degrees? What ever you do, please don't over cook the tuna.
- While the tuna is cooking, prepare the plates.
- Place a serving of salad greens in the center of a dinner sized plate. Remember, the darker the salad greens, the more nutritional value they have. So stay away from that iceberg lettuce crap. Do yourself a favor and splurge on a bag of a good salad mix.
- Spread the vegetables around the outside of the plates.
- When the tuna is done, place it in the center of the salad mix on the plates.
- Sprinkle on some cheese like Gorgonzola if you like cheese, and CHOW DOWN!
So, what do you think?