Tuesday, October 04, 2005

What did I say?

I just read my post from yesterday. Holy shit, was I in some "feeling sorry for myself" mood. But todays another day and today I feel better.

I am swamped at work, and with my situation at home, it gets to me some times. I guess yesterday one of those days, one of those days for venting. Maybe that's why yesterday's post had to be written.

Let me give you a little background about my day to day life.

Almost my entire life is focused with just dealing with problems, at home and at work. At home, I have a terminally ill wife that is living on borrowed time. When they diagnosed her brain cancer, they gave her 6 months to a year to live, two years tops. Now it's been over 28 months. This occupies 99% of my time at home.

At work, pretty much 90% of what I do is dealing with problems. For lack of a better term, I am a one man Quality Assurance department in the company I work for. We manufacture high voltage power supplies and have a little over 100 employees. If anything goes wrong in any manufacturing in the company, or we get customer failures that came back because we screwed up something, I am called in to investigate to see what went wrong, what do we have to do to fix the problem and what do we have to do from letting it happen again.

I am also the person primarily responsible for writing procedures, reviewing procedures or helping people write procedures. Since we have implemented a new computer system which pretty much runs all our processes, there are A LOT of procedures that have to be written, in every department.

Therefore, 189% of my life is dealing with adversity. So maybe you can understand why things get to me sometime.

Wait! 189% can't be right. Well, you get the idea. Almost my entire life is spent dealing with problems. It gets to me sometimes. I guess my drunken post yesterday, was just my way of venting to my friends. Thanks for listening. I appreciate it. I really do.

"And that's all I have to say about that."
Forest Gump

2 comments:

Libby said...

BT...no need to apologize...we've all felt like that, but a lot of us, unfortunately, keep it in, and get sick because of that...you did the thing that's best, and let it out!
BoUnCeS!! LibbY!

XO said...

Glad to hear (err.. read) you're feeling better. Everyone feels down sometimes... sounds like all you needed was a good game of Bum Golf to cheer yourself up. ;)