Saturday, September 17, 2005

Karina

Karina is Barbara's new Home Health Aide. She is working out very well. When I came home from work yesterday, I got a nice surprise. I saw the laundry basket in the hall had been emptied. I knew there was only one way that would have gotten done, was if Karina did it. When I went into the bedroom to say hello to Barbara, I saw the the other basket full of clean clothes. Nice to see that, that's for sure. Now I don't have to do it.

I really didn't know if she was going to do all of the laundry because the basket has been filling since Tuesday and was full when I left this morning. Karina is only responsible for doing Barbara's laundry, but I don't think she understood her supervisor's instruction when she told her she had to do the laundry. The part about just Barbara's probably went over her head due to the language difficulty. :-)

It's not easy communicating with Karina, because she doesn't speak very much English. Actually 'very much' is probably an understatement. Most of her answers are one word. Usually the first time I say something to her she gives me a puzzled look. Like yesterday. I told her "Nancy from Apex labs is coming today to draw blood from Barbara". (She has a blood test almost every week to monitor the levels of certain things in her blood.) Karina gave me this very puzzled look. Finally I made a motion like someone was drawing blood from my arm a few times and kept repeating blood. I could tell she when she finally understood because her eyes brightened and she giggled with a nod.

Just an FYI, I still can't tell if she has a hot body or not. All she wears are those baggy outfits like in the picture above. They are pretty loose on her too, because she is so tiny. But that's okay, as long as she does our laundry and keeps cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, I'll just have to use my imagination to get me through. ;-)

9 comments:

Libby said...

well...havent you always had a good imagination? ;-) ! and you're right...now all those brain cells won't be wasted on stuff like laundry, cleaning the kitchen...
BounCeS!! LibbY!

BTExpress said...

Yeah, I have a very good imagination. It's my primary source for sex the last three years. Heheheh.....

aughra said...

hee! Sounds like she's just about perfect - subservient and no lip!!

BTExpress said...

Aughra, I still can't stop laughing. I am ROTFLMAO. Yeah, and all for just $10.25 an hour. LOL!!!

Marc said...

got your mail - in the end. will answer it soon. watch my blog. the latest post is dedicated to you :)
have a nice day

BTExpress said...

LOL, and if she does complain about something, I can't tell what she's saying. I'll just keep repeating "No comprenda."

Robin said...

Okay - here is where I have a problem.

My teenagers don't speak English either, and they've NEVER accidently done the laundry.

BTExpress said...

Come on Robin, teenagers speak English very well, i.e., give me, I want, everyones doing it, you don't love me, I hate you, etc. It's the understanding English they have trouble with. I don't think the understanding kicks in until they have jobs and the boss says, "If you want to get paid, bla, bla, bla,......"

BTExpress said...

So Roxi, how's your bod look? Maybe you can work for me if your available. ;)