Friday, September 16, 2005

Fan Appreciation Post

I really appreciate all the nice things you’ve been saying about my posts. I really didn't know what direction this blog was going when I started it in April. Actually, I have no idea were it will go from here. I just play it be ear as I go along. Thank you.

This week especially, there were some very moving comments on my HNT post. I really appreciate your wishes, prayers, compassion and concern for our situation. It has been about 28 months since Barbara was diagnosed with the brain cancer and I have no idea how much longer she will fight it. Just when I think she is close, she surprises me. Like yesterday, she was talking up a storm, for her anyway. She talked to her mother on the phone, which I'm sure picked her up. Then when I got home from grocery shopping at 7:00, the Hospice volunteer told me about the conversations they were having.

Next, Barbara asked me if I remembered to buy chocolate pudding. (yes I did) I really was sort of shocked at that comment. She really hasn't spoken more than a few words for about a week before that. Today she is also pretty alert. She is really fighting this thing and just doesn't want to give up. Truthfully, if I was in her position, I'd have quit a long time ago, but that's just me.

Now about my scar Bug, if you liked Bug, just wait until you see some other scars I have, I got a million of 'em! (Well, maybe not a million, but a lot.) They will get more and more gross so be prepared. You may actually skeeve out when you see the one I call the “Grand Canyon". Getting blown up has a tendency to cause quite a bit of damage to one’s body. The bright side is that I came away from that, with all my vital "stuff" in tack.

Thanks again for being so nice. :-)

BTW, I finally posted responses to your comments yesterday about Bug if your interested.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Thanks again for being so inspirational!

Libby said...

BTE...give your wife our best wishes...i'm sure this has to be one of the hardest parts of this disease for you, but it says a lot about you that you're doing it!
Be well...
LibbY!

Libby said...

'short bus' special?

CozyMama said...

Hi again!! Thanks for commenting on our comments!! Keep up the posting, it really is helpful!! At least it is for me.