Rules- Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you and I thought you might actually play:)
(To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.
1. I’ve been the oldest person in my groups of friends for as long as I can remember.
2. I hate going to the dentist and have been putting it off WAY too long. When I finally do go, the work is going to cost a bloody fortune.
3. I chew my fingernails.
4. I enjoy cooking, but hate cleaning up. Sometimes I go for days with a sink of dirty dishes.
5. I hate unloading the dishwasher. That’s probably why I have a sink full of dirty dishes.
6. I don’t like anything sweet. No candy, no donuts, no desert, nothing.
7. With almost no exceptions. I had one piece of Twizzlers last night. They remind me of my teen years. I used to get them every time I went to the movies. Same thing with the chocolate covered cherry I had two weeks ago.
8. I didn’t go to my high school prom because I was too shy to ask anyone.
9. That’s probably why I’ve only dated six women in my life.
10. The first four for less than six months.
11. The fifth I was married to for 34 years until she died in 2005.
12. The sixth one I’ve been dating for almost three years. HI LORI!!!!
13. I was drafted into the army in 1968 and when I got out two years later, I held the rank of Specialist E-5. You can read about part of my army life in “My Vietnam Story” blog. http://my-vietnam-stories.
14. I’m trying to write a book about army years and have written a lot more than what is on the blog, but procrastination gets the best of me. I’m up to 43,905 words, so have made good progress.
15. I am a life member of both the Disabled American Veterans and the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
16. I retired on February 10, 2006 and love doing next to nothing.
17. No, I’m not bored. I spend tons of time with my Internet friends. Truthfully, they are some of the best friends I’ve ever had.
18. I met my best real-life friends now, in a Yahoo chat room. She had a little get together one afternoon for local members. I didn’t have anything better to do, so went.
19. Her and her husband and have been one of Lori and my best friends ever since.
20. I usually get along better with women than men. When I was boating, the wives of our group of friends voted me as an Honorary Woman. They told me that I understood them better than their husbands did. They also knew that I would keep their secrets, so was privy to many very interesting stories.
21. I loved those years of boating and had a ball! I miss it. Maybe some day I buy another boat.
22. My Internet handle, BTExpress, was the name of my boat.
23. I the over ten years I owned it, I never got around to putting her name on the transom.
24. I’m a procrastinator, but maybe you already figured that out.
25. Last but certainly not least. I spend almost all day, everyday, in just my bathrobe and socks. Gotta wear socks! That’s a lot more comfortable than wearing clothes.
I’m not tagging anyone.