Thursday, February 22, 2007

MY HAIRCUT UPDATE - HNT

My last haircut was five months ago in September. The one before that was ten months ago, last April. That was the haircut when that bastard scalped me. I knew a month ago that it was way past time for a haircut, but I just kept putting it off. Yesterday I'd finally had enough of the hair getting in my eyes, that I decided today was the day I'd finally get my haircut.

HERE'S THE BEFORE SHOT














It took some doing, but I worked up the courage to go see Kirian. First I "shit, showered and shaved" as they say in the military, and then got dressed in my finest regalia.

I put on my best-est sneakers and my sexiest jeans. Lori know the ones.

















I also put one one of my favorite tee shirts. I love this one. It took me many years to be proud of my service in Vietnam, but now I flaunt it every chance I get.










Once dressed, I took that long ass two mile drive to the barber shop to see Kirian for that much dreaded haircut. To my surprise, the place was packed. There's never more than one or two people waiting, but this time there were five people ahead of me, but no Kirian. There was just the lady that cut my hair the last time. I asked the lady when Kirian would be in. She told me he was off on Wednesdays, but would be in tomorrow at 11:00 AM.

Since she had done an acceptable job the last time she cut my locks, I decided to sit down and wait my turn. Also, I figured that since I did get all gussied up and made that long ass drive all the way to the barber shop, I'd just wait.

AND HERE'S THE AFTER
















What do you mean it looks like I didn't get my haircut?

Can't fool you, can I?

I didn't!

Let me explain.

Being in the barber shop started to get to me very soon after I sat down. The longer I sat there waiting, the more regretful I became.

I'd been there almost an entire minute when the tension finally got to me and I couldn't take being there any longer and decided I had to leave.

I left ran out the back door and went to my car.

Any bets on when I finally work up the courage to get my haircut.


TO BE CONTINUED
WHEN I FINALLY GET
MY HAIR CUT!

25 comments:

SIMPLY ME said...

I could cut it for you while you sleep and then in the morning pretend I don't know what happened. Does that work?

Anonymous said...

I think I like it long ...
~HHNT~

Anonymous said...

LOL!
Aww do you need someone to hold your hand????
HAppy HNT

Mark Leslie said...

Aw, man! All that suspense and you didn't get it cut - don't leave us hanging (although the second picture your hair does look better, almost like it was styled or something, if not trimmed just a touch -- maybe that was just all the hopefulness built into the suspense)

Happy HNT!

BTExpress said...

Lori, don't even think about it, because I don't think you'd look good with a crew cut. :-)

Anonymous said...

Too funny :)
HHNT!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe the face you're making reminds me of Zoolander. hehe

Happy HNT!

T - Another Geek Girl said...

You've got til next Thursday mister.
Come on.
The clock is ticking...
tick
tick
tick

Okay, really I like it long.
It's so grabbable!

HHNT!

Blissfully Wed said...

I cut mine short for my job and hate it.

I say keep yours long as long as you can stand it. You look great.

HHNT!

~Him

lime said...

lol, that pucker in the last pic is priceless.

i'm betting you got it cut when lori threatened no more snuggling until it was cut....

HHNT!

Alyssa said...

Long hair is sexy...

Anonymous said...

I'm letting mine grow out for the first time since I was a child! Makes me feel a little rebellious! LOL HHNT!

Ag said...

I guess we will have to wait and see

HHNT

CozyMama said...

you are a riot!!! just get a trim, you can still keep it longish.

S said...

You are not the only one who has walked out of a hair salon! I once walked into a fancy hair place in Santa Monica to get my hair cut. I was a "walk in", but this was a very expensive place....
THey were such snobs, and I was a little hippie chick (with plenty of money in my pocket I might add) and they literally ignored me. I sat and sat and sat and noone came and got me...I just don't think they knew what to do with someone like me.....
After about 10 minutes of sitting there..I walked out and never went back again....
I get my hair cut once a year now....and I even hate that!
HHNT TOny you have the best hair!

Anonymous said...

I think Britney has already cornered the market for short hair on chicks this week - leave Lori's alone :)

That's a great t-shirt, btw!

MG said...

lmao, wow, that's some scar that last haircut left ;)

HHNT, nice jeans ;)

jillie said...

But the shaved head thing is now all the rage....just look at Brittney! YUCK!

You're good to follow your instincts...Nothing worse than a botched hair cut.

BTW...you SHOULD be VERY proud to wear that shirt. You earned it....

Angela said...

Ah yes the ole 3 S'. My fav meal made for me is shit on a shingle:-). Know that one?. *giggles*. My best friend's dad (retired Army). Always made this for me when I visited. He still does to this day 22 yrs later. UGH!!! I just really thought about that. Me & my best friend 22 yrs. WOW!! :-). Next year will be my 20 high school reunion.*Double UGH!!!* Anyhoo I like the hair doo, but it's up to you. Happy HNT to you;-).

Megan said...

i like it long. love the color and everythin.

i'm glad you're proud of your service now and i'm sorry conditions were such that you were not for so long. i think you might like my post today. just wanted to let you know.

Katie :) said...

Love the after!
I'm up! :)

GAB said...

I could have hubby cut it for you........if you like crew cuts!lol
Cant wait to see the new you(actually the old you aint that bad!) :)

barman said...

You know even though you did not get it cut the second picture does look better. I think it is just a little more in place. I have walked out before. I had my heart set on the one person and he was not there so ... bubie.

Love the set Tony and your hair looks fine but you know you will need to break down sooner or later. You don't want to start looking like ZZ Top do you?

jillie said...

Just making sure you still had all of your hair today. Or maybe I should wait until Monday after you spend the wknd with Lori and make sure she didn't pull a Brittney Spears on you....LOL!

Libby said...

lori-just trim his bangs while he's asleep...leave the sides and back! *shhhh*