Tuesday, March 07, 2006

If you like corned beef....

....and you live anywhere near me, get your ass down to Kenny's in Bayport this Sunday at noon. Let me explain.

Tonight I had the very best corned beef I have ever had. I went to Kenny's this evening for dinner and a beer or six. When I got there I was the only customer. I ordered a nice marinated shell steak. It came with mashed potatoes and spinach, all of which was very good.

I spent most of the evening talking to Debbie the bartender and she told me her life story, all about her son's medical issues and her one daughter's climb to assistant vet at a local animal shelter. Her nursing sick animals and being a surrogate mother for the cat she has.
May I ask you something? Can you tell me why it seems, to me anyway, why everyone tells me about their life story and problems? Now don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy hearing all about these things, and I do really like helping people if I can, but I just haven't figured out how people know that. Is there some kind of aura around me that indicates Tony loves to hear this stuff and give you his words of wisdom?

Oh, crap, I'm digressing. So what else is new?

Anyway.............. I spent the evening at Kenny's talking to Debbie the bartender, Billy the cook, Joey the bartender and Kenny the owner. Billy kept bringing out tastes of the corned beef he was making for this weekend. There is a Saint Patrick's Day parade in Bayport, and they are offering 1/2 priced beer and a free buffet of corned beef and cabbage. So Billy is cooking up a lot of corned beef for Sunday. Sunday they will open at 12:00 noon and I will be right there when they open and I surely will start eating and drinking as if I was Irish. I am 1/4 Scottish so I figure that is close enough.

Yeah, yeah, I know I usually never get up before noon anymore, so what makes me think I will be up and ready to be at Kenny's at noon? Well, let me tell you, 1/2 price beer and the best corned beef I have ever had, that's why. The cabbage doesn't hurt either. I just love corned beef and cabbage!

10 comments:

SassyLadi said...

Wonder if they celebrate St. Patrick's day in St. Marten????
Green Pina Colada's???? I don't know about that.
Have fun!!! Be careful!

As far as life history.............
perhaps because you offer compassion.

Wenchy said...

Cabbage is so not my thing!

lime said...

LOL, now i thought it was supposed to be the other way around. i though the bartender was supposed to listen to YOUR life story and dispense wisdom.....go figure!

CozyMama said...

Hey - if you have COstco out there you can buy corned beef brisket and cook real slow in the oven, it is so yummy.

Beth said...

IEW. Corned beef? That just doesn't sound yummy at all. Bleh!

Libby said...

tony, maybe you co7uld have a lucrative 'second career', being a bartender....or a hairdresser, according to tiffany!

BTExpress said...

SassyLadi - Ew, green drinks cannot be good no matter if it just food coloring. Enjoy St Marten and have a few drinks for me.

Wenchy - It isn't St Patrick's Day with corned beef AND cabbage

Lime - Yeah, that's what I was thinking

Jodes - Email me the recipe. Last time I made it, I boiled it like everyone else did but it didn't come out that good

Queen - Corned beef is a gift from the gods

Libby - Good idea on both accounts. Being able to drink all the time and fondling women's heads sound like two jobs I could get used too very easily. I also give great massages, so maybe I could do that too. Women only of course.

CozyMama said...

actually I think it had the directions right on the bag that it comes in from Costco!!!! Even has a glaze to put on it. GOD IT WAS GOOD. If you cannot find it I am sure we will buy it again and I will email then.

BTExpress said...

Jodes - Thank you

No One In Particular said...

Sounds like you have some fun planned for this weekend! Enjoy it all ;)