Saturday, July 30, 2005

Happy Hour

Last night a small group of us from work went out for Happy Hour. It was the first time I've socialized in any form for a very, very long time. It was really nice just to hang out, drink and BS. They even had a couple trays of free food. One was a pasta, sausage and broccoli rabe dish and the other was muscles in garlic and oil; both excellent.

Gail, our hospice volunteer, has been bugging me to get out and do something for myself, but this was the first time I took her up on it. It was good to just get away from things at home, even if it was just for two hours.

6 comments:

aughra said...

Good for you darling. But mussels? You mean snot?!

BTExpress said...

No! Raw oysters have the consistancy of snot, very tasty oysters are, but the same consistancy as snot none the less. But cooked muscles are sweet, and like firm little pieces of succulant shelled stuff-like things. They're more like snails, which are also very good.

A fresh water gal are you?

Anonymous said...

i love happy hour!

aughra said...

Sort of - I don't care much for lobster, could take or leave crab, and kinda hate scallops. But I adore clams, anyway you can prepare them, and shrimp. And d'agostinos.

JR said...

Hurray for social events! Hurray for BTExpress! Hurray for...hurray!

-Justin

BTExpress said...

Oh yes lah, I so checked out your HNT pic, all three times. You are very photogenic, if you get my drift. ;)

BTW, that's for visiting.