Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Military Award HNT

Among my other awards for serving and being wounded in Vietnam, I recently found out that I was also awarded the "Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm Unit Citation".

The Vietnam Gallantry Cross Unit Citation with Palm was issued to every Allied nation which provided military support to Vietnam between 1 March 1961 and the fall of Saigon in April 1975. The unit decoration thus became the most commonly awarded Vietnamese decoration to foreigners, second only to the Vietnam Campaign Medal.



I've also received "Cold War Recognition Certificate" for serving during the Vietnam War. This is a copy of someone elses, but I do have mine.

The Cold War Recognition Certificate is a recognition certificate awarded by the Secretary of Defense to all U.S. Armed Forces personnel and qualified federal government civilian personnel who faithfully and honorably served the United States anytime during the Cold War era, which is defined as September 2, 1945 to December 26, 1991.[1] Congress established the Cold War certificate in Section 1084 of the fiscal 1998 National Defense Authorization Act.

If you know anyone that qualifies for these awards, please let them know. I can assure you, like me, they will appreciate being recognized for their service.



No comments: