Thursday, June 28, 2007

OMG! A Miracle Happened Tonight!!!!!!

Let me explain.

This evening after work, Lori and her son came to my place so we could get a sofa for her and put it in my garage.

(FYI: Lori is trying to find a place near me, so is looking for furniture.)

We planned on eating Saugies (sp) for dinner (don't ask me what the fuck they are, ask Lori . They look like hot dogs to me, but I ain't from Rhode Island, so what do I know.)

Any way, I got the van from U Haul and we picked up the sofa and moved it to my garage. After we returned the van, we came back to my place for dinner. We cooked the Saugies.

Just so happens my son Brian got off of work and was home before I started cooking. Lori asked him if he wanted any. He said yes, he'd have one. When they were done, she told him they were ready and did he want to eat with us.

Okay, now here comes the miracle part.

He said YES!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! HE SAID HE'D EAT WITH US? YOU SURE? YES, SHE SAID!

As Barry Manilow said...........................

Cause' its a miracle
A true blue spectacle
A miracle come true....................

HE'S NEVER EATEN WITH US BEFORE! HELL! HE DOESN'T EVEN EAT WITH ME!

I have to explain something. My son was not happy when I started dating after my wife passed away. He thought it was too soon. He like Lori, but just didn't want to accept my dating her. This is the first time he's ever sat down with us in the 15 months Lori and I have been seeing each other. Seriously, this really is the first time!!!!! You have no idea how happy I am.

Lori, her son Adam, my son Brian and me all sat around my dining room table and ate the Saugies (what ever the fuck they are) for dinner. We (mostly Lori and me) told stories and we all laughed and bitched about people for over three hours.

CAN YOU FUCKING BELIEVE IT? THREE FUCKING HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian even got up a few times and then came back to the table to chat some more. I was truly shocked. He's never wanted to associate with Lori's kids. Hell, he's never even sat down to dinner with Lori and me.

Do you think he's finally accepted that she is my love and accept that her and her kids will be part of our lives, forever.

Yes, forever!

Lori is my baby and I ain't giving her up no matter what!!!!!!!

What do you think?

18 comments:

GAB said...

Thats great. Youve turned a corner I think He is now willing to aceppt that you arent goting to stop seeing her that you still love his mom even though she isnt her any more but you have to move on with your life. CONGRATS!

Barbara said...

That is huge huge news...When my dad started dating after we lost mom, I was VERY angry and refused to accept anyone. Time does heal wounds though and I know I was being upset and selfish. Good on your son to opening his heart and mind again to the possibility of love for you...

Congrats on finding love once more and proving that it can happen twice in a lifetime:)

B

lime said...

i thnk that's a really terrific step, tony and i am delilghted for you. really truly delighted. big hugs!

Monogram Queen said...

I think it is wonderful and I am so very happy for all of you.
Kudos to you both for being patient with him. I'm sure it wasn't always easy.

BTExpress said...

Thanks y'all. Lori told me her son Adam was also excited. It would be nice if they could hang out a little when they move to Patchogue. Brian knows all kinds of people from all over and it would make the transition a lot easier.

Shumpy said...

that is awesome!
Congrats T.

TUG said...

That is great news! My mom and her siblings went through the same issue when my grandfather dated very quickly after my grandmother's death. Now they all visit just because they can. You must feel so complete inside. Congrats!

jillie said...

What great news that is to hear. A mile stone for sure and hopefully this will be one of many. Now, you probably won't get him to leave the two of you alone...lol!!

How's the mouth doing?

Sooo...WHAT ARE SAUGIES??? lol

SIMPLY ME said...

Saugy Hot Dogs
An Ocean State Specialty
Saugy Inc. was founded over 125 years ago when brothers Augustus and Alphonse Saugy opened the company and began making great tasting natural casing hot dogs.

They are mild with a crunchy skin....delicious! Come visit us, and Tony will put them on the grill for ya!

Libby said...

oh geez, tony!!
you made me come so close to crying (happy tears!) for you and lori, and all! that is truly something to wear a smile on your face nonstop about!!!

Michelle said...

That is awesome!!! It must have been a great feeling!! :)

I wanna try some saugies...they sound yummy!!

Question....why not just have Lori move in with you?...yanno...since ya plan on keeping her around forever n all :) Hey..I'm blunt...and had to ask..what can I say?? LOL

Tara Tainton said...

That's truly wonderful. I'm glad time was all he needed. No one likes being detached from family... seems he's been eager to have you all back and maybe he's realized the blessing of having NEW family and friends as well. ;)

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I know the feeling. When I see my children comfortable and having a good time around GJ, it really makes my day!

BTExpress said...

Shumpy - Thanks!

TUG - Yes, I do now. It was so difficult trying to juggle feelings for all this time. And Lori has been terrific with her understanding. I know it's been difficult for her too.

Jillie - I don't I have to worry about that. LOL My mouth is coming along fine. I still get shooting pains whenever food gets on that tooth when I chew.

Lori - Oh, they are just hot dogs. They do look and taste different than the regular kinds. I like them.

Libby - You old softy you. :-)

Chelle - Lori still has her three kids living with her and my son lives with me. This small ranch just isn't big enough for us all.

Tara - I hope so. Lori's kids are all great, he just needs to give them a chance.

SM - Then you know exactly how I felt that night. :-D

Anonymous said...

Tony, I cannot express how happy I am for you -

All I can say is, you deserve all the happiness in the world.

Give Lori a hug for me.

Cheers,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I am very glad for all of you! For sure, time resolves a lot of our problems... ;-)

Stealth said...

:) That is wonderful, really :)

Wenchy said...

That is SO wonderful Tony. So good. I am already emotional. Now I'm crying for your dinner, dammit.