Friday, January 23, 2009

To Whom It May Concern:

Some of you have never seen my old blog, so I thought I'd import the posts from there for your perusal. My first post on the old blog was on April 23, 2005 and the last on May 28, 2008. That's almost three years worth of posts, so there is a lot for you to peruse.

I started the blog as just something to keep me occupied. My late wife Barbara was diagnosed with brain cancer two years earlier and in February of 2005, she had a major brain seizure that almost killed her. When she came home from the hospital, she just laid in a hospital bed in our bedroom. She didn't talk much and usually just laid there staring off into space, so I spent most of my time watching TV or sat in the den at the computer browsing the Internet. She died in October 2005.

The almost fours years worth of blog posts here and on my old blog, is a journal of that part of my life. After I imported the posts here, I scanned the old post titles and saw just how much I "talked" about. Of course my day to day life, but also my Vietnam and army stories and so many stories about my past. I can't wait to go back and read some of them and relive a lot of memories. If you get a chance and feel like killing a few hundred hours reading all 921 posts, please do and l hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them.

8 comments:

gab said...

Im looking forwards to reading from start to finish. As soon as boys go down tonight I will start. Lets see how far I get.

Misses M said...

I bet I've read 'em all! It'll be fun to travel back in time, tho.

Chase North said...

I think you rock Tony - and I'm glad you saved your old posts.

And I am so, so happy you found Lori.

Monogram Queen said...

I think i've probably read them all too but i'll look again. Always a good ready Tony!

Libby said...

tony-i started following your blog while barbara was still with you...& knew you were a good man (albeit a horny man! lol!) right away! love always to you & your son, & now to lori, who came into your life at the perfect time!!

Q said...

I read it all the first time around :)

BTExpress said...

Yes Q, but the new readers didn't. I just wanted then to know the "old" me.

Q said...

Very cool that you added it over here. I hope they enjoy reading through it as much as I did. And by the way, you're not that old ;)